Well this isn't my blackberry but I really need help with this.

I have an xps 1530 which I have had for about 2 and 1/2 years. The other day I was typing on it when all of a sudden the computer shut off!! It was dead, the power supply had "crowbarred" and would not run on the battery either. I first exchanged the battery, then the ac adapter still no luck. Then I called Dell. They went to great length to tell me when my warranty would expire and that I could extend it. Then set up a tech to replace the mother board.. That tech did ok but he told me that my memory was bad and I should use the original memory. That board ran ok but not without crashing a lot. SO another call to dell and and another motherboard and another tech who replaced the mother board and lots of plastics on the machine which the first tech had broken, also he used my add on memory and said it was good. THe machine runs well but the first mother board killed the battery. Second tech put in his notes that he thought the motherboard failure had killed the battery. So I called tech support yet another time-- this time requesting a new battery. They read the tech notes and said that although the mother board had killed the battery they would not replace it. After a lot of talk I was put on hold waiting for a manager, 15 min later he came back on and told me that the manager was busy and he would call me back in a little while. Well it has been a little while (over night) and no return call.

SO --- who do I call now? Can't find any numbers on the net to call when dissatisfied. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH A NUMBER WHICH WILL BYPASS INDIA AND GET ME SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP?

Gary
    05-23-10 07:09 AM
    You may want to sign up and re-post your thread here:Dell XPS and Studio XPS
    05-23-10 12:41 PM
    Good luck with Dell. I have the same laptop. To date I have replaced the motherboard, two power supplies, one battery and one keyboard. When they replaced the motherboard they broke off some of the inner case clips and refuse to repair it. I suspect that's when the keyboard was damaged too because I've never had it apart. Their service along the way was always less than what I had hoped. When this one dies completely I will NOT be buying another Dell that's for sure. I feel your pain. If you have to buy another battery, don't buy from Dell as there are many other vendors that will sell you a battery at a fraction of the cost that Dell charges.
    05-23-10 03:10 PM
    Well tonight I talked yet again with dell tech support and was told that he was as high as I could go. In effect there was no level 2 and he was the manager and no I could not have a new battery.

SO --- Tonight I sent an EECB to dell. That is a list of 25 or so executives stating the problem and requesting they send me a new battery.

We will just have to wait and see what happens

BTW EECB stands for executive electronic carpet bomb.

Gary
    05-23-10 08:04 PM
    05-26-10 03:47 PM
    Well tonight I talked yet again with dell tech support and was told that he was as high as I could go. In effect there was no level 2 and he was the manager and no I could not have a new battery.

SO --- Tonight I sent an EECB to dell. That is a list of 25 or so executives stating the problem and requesting they send me a new battery.

We will just have to wait and see what happens

BTW EECB stands for executive electronic carpet bomb.

Gary
    Bullsh*t, if you go to those forums I posted click on the main Dell link and do a search for corporate email. You'll find like 15 different addresses including advanced technical support. Not saying it'll help you but it's worth a try.
    Btw, I have a Dell Studio 15 and when I received it the keyboard had a lump in it. After much haggling with Dell I just decided to open it up myself and see what was wrong. Turns out there was a nice sized wad of masking tape that they had used to fix a broken plastic wire protector. Dell's quality control leaves much to be desired.
    05-26-10 04:47 PM
    I had to send the bomb twice, both times I received a phone call from "the complaint department" who told me that the battery was not covered on warranty. over and over again. at that time I told them that I wasn't finished and was going to give them a while and then I was sending my story and their emails to the local paper, to the TV station that investigates problems even though I didn't want to.
    the next evening (friday) I received a new email and also a phone call saying The case had been escalated due to me sending letter to the BBB (I didn't nor did I even mention them) and they had decided to replace the battery and It was shipped friday for delivery on the first

(I think I win)

Gary
    voltaire likes this.
    05-29-10 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD