I just realized that Roger Waters was going to be touring and doing The Wall Live again. Even though it is without David Gilmour, I would love to see this (saw RW on the Pros and Cons tour and Radio KAOS tour).

But the only seats left (and they are good side or floor seats) are $250 each. Roger, I love your music, but come on, that's a lot of money for an average but good seat. And don't tell me you need the money because of a higher cost to produce the show.

I guess I won't be seeing pigs fly this time around.

Of course I will definitely try and win tickets and see if they do any low priced ticket drops the days before the show.
    Last edited by jlb21; 05-28-10 at 08:29 AM.
    05-28-10 08:19 AM
    yea, i feel the same way. except I hate Gilmour. He's such a pompus arse.
    05-28-10 08:37 AM
    Yeah. I think he is a great guitarist, but I guess I side with Roger on the whole usage of the Floyd name. To me, Floyd is not Floyd without Roger.

I would rather see Roger without David.

But I digress.
    05-28-10 08:40 AM
    Yea, but not at 250 a seat!
    05-28-10 12:24 PM
    Truth to tell I like them both and think of their splitting up as a blessing. We still
    get Pink Floyd (albeit without Waters) AND we get the genius, songwriting, and
    incredible musicianship of Roger Waters (unencumbered)

Best of both worlds. Having seen PF live 3 times and Water live twice I'd drop $250
    for a couple seats in a blue minute.
    05-28-10 12:30 PM
    No way. I don't care if the second coming of Jesus is going to be live at The Gorge Amphitheatre...$250 a seat is ridiculous.

I think some of these bands need their egos deflated.
    05-28-10 12:50 PM
    yes yes yes.

Agreed. I have seen PF on the Division Bell Tour (obviously sans waters). And then Waters twice as noted above.

If I was forced to pick one, it would be waters. As much as I like Gilmour's playing and singing, to me, Waters as has been and always will be the heart and soul of "Pink Floyd". The guy he usually has playing guitar now is a damn fine player. And as much as it is a little weird not hearing Gilmour singing his usual parts, I am ok not having him.

But Floyd without Roger was much more weird to me.

I just cannot imagine ever paying $250 for a concert. Perhaps only about $125 as that is sort of on par with good seats for a broadway show. And who would I pay that for NOW.......

Maybe a Gilmour and Waters Floyd. Definitely a Genesis with Gabriel doing The Lamb.....but, likely noone.
    05-28-10 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD