Hello,I'm a new BB curve user and new to BB period.I love the curve,I've had It for 4 days now.But my problem Is I'm really really thinking about the samsung Instinct which comes to sprint june 20th.If any crack berry users can give me any Insights to why my phone Is better It would be really helpful.By the way I'm a light email user,heavy texter and use my phones for music and videos such as youtube and such.Thanks In advanced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 11:24 PM
    Ultimately, it's up to you. Blackberries aren't for everyone, though they are very useful in every area. However if you are looking for specific strengths outside of the corprate world, you may consider switching your phone.

Just as a side note, no phone I've ever had has been as refined, useful, or enjoyable as my Curve.

06-05-08 11:27 PM
    I wouldn't trade my Curve for anything. I do know that the Instinct will be more a media device than a PDA...really depends on you. You can pre-register for the Instinct at nowisgood.com if you want to...the site also offers more info on the new device.
    06-05-08 11:31 PM
    Wrong question to ask on this site. On yeah... What is a Instinct?

06-05-08 11:36 PM
    Haha yeah what is the instinct?

06-06-08 02:07 AM
    Thanks a lot CTenn and Aleano 75.Great Info,I can't lie this thing Is addictive...

06-06-08 06:28 AM
    My instinct says it is hard to beat a Blackberry....especially the Curve none the less.

06-06-08 07:28 AM
    Thanks cwadams70,tou guys are great

06-06-08 10:31 AM
    The Instinct is a new device by Samsung. A media based PHONE that is similar to the iphone. Not worth my CURVE though.
    06-06-08 10:51 AM
    Aleano75 and CTenn,you guys have really got me feeling much better about my new curve.And coming from an HTC touch,I'm really pleased.

06-06-08 12:55 PM
    I'm so anti Iphone and anything similar to an Iphone. I can't see what is so good about the instinct. If you're into that whole look, then you should probably wait for the HTC Diamond or even the Raphael which is pretty much the same thing but with a slide out keyboard (since you're a big texter)

- Instinct should be out soon
    - Diamond, not too sure
    - Raphael, I think I heard sometime at the end of the year for Sprint.

The Curve is great and I think it's better than the Instinct hands down. I'm coming from using a Moto Q, Palm Centro, and a Treo 700wx.

Another thing, try not to buy into the hype. My dad bought an Iphone because he wanted to be "cool" haha.. I still knock on him for having an Iphone. The one thing I like most about my Curve is that I get much better call quality over my previous phone. First thing first, it's a phone not a toy. Other wise you might as well just buy a touch ipod or something similar.
    06-08-08 05:10 AM
    Thanks CeoStatus0,the more you guys give me good no great advice the more I love my phone.*And Its been a week now since I've had It and I continue to find out more about It.I think I was going for the cool factor,cause my friends all have that friut phone.My girlfriend has the voyager.but I know see that my BB, Is a work horse and that can do everything all those phones can do and more.Plus Just to have all of you guys,Its great.To know that there's people who are willing to help you.You guys made this a no brainer.Thanks all

06-08-08 02:49 PM
    Again I can reinforce the opinions above. I went from a UT 6700 PPC to a HTC mogul 6800, then to a BB8830 WE and the difference is enormous. Now the difference from the 8830 WE to the Curve is hardware only IMO. There may be more memory or something that I will never notice, but I love the size and overall functionality of the Curve. Camera is easy to use, its form factor is great, Keyboard is improved from the 8830 WE, and thank god it has a 3.5 mm headphone jack. I will keep my Curve over all of the above mentioned, although I know little about the Instinct, I did see some demos of it... It seemed nice and looked well made, but the transition from different programs still seemed to lag quite a bit and that is one of my main problems with windows based phones... They LAG so badly and transition poorly from program to program. Plus with anything windows they are buggy and there is usually a million updates every month. SO all that said, BB is the way to go for an overall pleasant experience that you will not regret.
    06-08-08 04:10 PM
    Thanks cjmjmm2006.I vowed never to get a windows or htc again.I had four htc touches,that all had the same problem.I've yet to see a bug or problem with my new curve.And as I said earlier I,find out something new about It everyday.And you guys have no Idea how much you've helped me.My girl friend Is in law school,and gets tons of emails.I think by her playing around with mine and her reading every post you guys have made bye bye voyager.When I say I'm thankful for every comment,you guys have giving Its an understatment.THANKS

06-08-08 07:00 PM
    Thanks cjmjmm2006.I vowed never to get a windows or htc again.I had four htc touches,that all had the same problem.I've yet to see a bug or problem with my new curve.And as I said earlier I,find out something new about It everyday.And you guys have no Idea how much you've helped me.My girl friend Is in law school,and gets tons of emails.I think by her playing around with mine and her reading every post you guys have made bye bye voyager.When I say I'm thankful for every comment,you guys have giving Its an understatment.THANKS

06-08-08 07:01 PM

The Instinct is Sprints "iPhone" killer. It's suppose to be faster, loads webpages faster and overall better. I saw the videos of it. It's a sharp phone but I love my Curve.
    06-09-08 12:58 AM
    Hello!

I have the Samsung Instinct and have tested it for a week. I am trading it tomorrow for a BB Curve.

The Instinct is a cool and fun phone, great if you are into watching live tv streams, downloading music, taking video etc. As a business phone I am not sure it compares.
    The Instinct only allows 70 scheduled appointments in the calendar which means you must constantly delete former appts to book new. The touch scroll down on the speed dial, contacts etc is fussy, I have tried to scroll down and wound up pressing too hard and calling someone. The texting keyboard is great, especially if you use the stylus. However, there is no place to put the little thing and it gets lost easily. (Small plastic on side of holder to store it but on mine it often changes the volume when it touches the buttons.) Internet is fast but screen is squashed smaller by large option bars on the sides. Disconnects frequently. Camera seems pretty good, pics are clear and high quality. Keep in mind too, it is not as user friendly and requires more time to learn. The phone feature requires you slide the caller name up or down to answer. Same to disconnect, everything requires slide bar. Battery SUCKS, they say 5.5 hours life when fully charged. I never got over 3.
    I can see the Instinct being very popular with a younger crowd or someone into using it for entertainment. If you are more concerned with business functionality then stick with the BB. jmo, good luck!
    09-01-08 03:50 PM
    My friends dad has a Sprint HTC touch, and then he bought an Instinct and returned it. I guess it wasn't all that amazing.

And in my opinion, a Curve is better than a HTC touch.
    09-03-08 07:22 PM

yea what is a instict lol lol
    now as for a comparison there is no comp.
    09-03-08 09:47 PM
    Almost forgot to mention.

You can not open/change/work on/create word, excel or pdf documents on the Instinct.

Loving my new BB curve, not even a comparison imo. Fun AND functional...
    09-05-08 12:55 PM
    I just recently changed from my blackberry to the samsung Instinct. I cant say it was a great choice. I cant type as fast, so texting is more difficult. also there has already been issues with my phone, had to have it back into the store 4 hours after i got it. You also cant customize the instinct, like you can with the blackberry.

I think I will be back to the blackberry before the week is over
    12-13-08 04:03 PM
    My best buddy has an instank and has had a lot of problems . He's returned it twice already and still has issues with it. The ability to upload videos to Youtube from your phone is pretty cool, but not worth the headache of getting owned daily by your glitchy phone.
    12-13-08 06:31 PM
    Um....I am sorry, what is there to compare? The Curve has it hands down.
    12-13-08 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD