This is the off topic forum right ? Cool.... If anyone cares to answer or has recommendations. I have been doing some reading up on creatine, types, how to take ect ect.. Anyone have a good experience with taking creatine ? if so, what type, how'd you take it, did you do a load phase ? Ive been taking Creatine amplified 189 for about a month along with Animal Pack supps and have noticed some good strenght gains, but never did a load phase. Just wondering if i should switch to a powder and load up for 3-5 days.. Any thoughts or comments would be appreaciated. Thanks...

01-10-09 08:20 AM
    I use creatine monohydrate. 5g before i work out and 5g after. Loading doesnt work your body rejects the extra amount.
    01-10-09 09:05 PM
    I never did any type of loading phase with creatine. The only creatine I can recommend because I know they work, is Vitargo CGL by Nutrex which I think is now called "Volu-Gro", and Kre Alkalyn capsules. IMO, Kre Alkalyn is the way to go since it's very cheap and 1gm of it is equal to 10gm of regular creatine monohydrate. If you are looking for a good pre workout drink, try NO Explode by BSN, or Ragnarok by Millenium Sports. Both work great, but Ragnarok IMO is the best out there. Great ingredients in that one.
    01-10-09 11:07 PM
    I've had pretty good luck. Being that I'm only 21 I started off with taking NO Vapor and NO halo by muscletech and my body started to get used to it. Now I'm on shotgun for a pre workout and shogun for a post. I take both the pre and post work out with 10 oz of water and 3 scoops of it. I've noticed some pretty good results from it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 01:36 AM
    I've had pretty good luck. Being that I'm only 21 I started off with taking NO Vapor and NO halo by muscletech and my body started to get used to it. Now I'm on shotgun for a pre workout and shogun for a post. I take both the pre and post work out with 10 oz of water and 3 scoops of it. I've noticed some pretty good results from it.

Shotgun for pre huh ? never heard of it.... Seems like there are lots of opinions on creatine and how to take it... .I think, just for my own curiosity, ill do a 3-5 day of loading, just to see if I notice any difference... I just releazed I was taking creatine monohydrate, but one of the other forms (GNC Amplified creatine 189). Seems like bodybuilding.com has good prices on supps... Was also wondering, some people say to take 5 grams of creatine one hour b4 workign out... Anyone have thoughts on this ?

Thanks..
    01-11-09 07:19 AM
    I actually used the creatine gel that you put under your tongue 30 minutes before I work out. It seems to work great. I use this in conjunction with protein.
    01-11-09 08:16 AM
    With the shotgun I take it 15 minutes before I work out. When I used to take the halo and vapor the directions said to take it like 30 minutes to 1 hour before but when I got to the gym I would feel like it didn't work. So I would do whatever you feel good with if you want to take it one hour before you go do that, or if you want to take it in your car on the way to the gym do that too.

01-11-09 10:24 AM
    all those are Nitric oxide products which is different than creatine. If you ask any of the bodybuilders in the gym most dont use any muscle tech (over rated). as far as BSn nitric oxide you have to cycle off due to its effects on the liver. Check out Bodybuilding.com its a great research tool.
    01-11-09 08:19 PM
    I've never heard of any ill effects on the liver by using any NO product. Your body actually makes this, and this is proven every morning which is known as "morning wood". Yep, that's your body making use of it's own Nitric Oxide. The Nitrix tabs by BSN are bull**** though, as I've tried them and they didn't work. Ragnarok provides nice pumps, as well as NO Explode though and I recomemmend anyone healthy enough to consume it to try them out. NO Shotgun is made by VPX, and is a great product as well. The taste isn't he greatest, but you don't take it for the taste anyway.

Also, consume no more than 40gm or protein at a time, since the human body can't process anymore than that at any given time. I usually take a protein shake(Syntha 6)about an hour before I work out, and IMMEDIATELY after my workout along with a serving of creatine. I recommend Syntha 6 by BSN, since it has 3 types of protein in it but any decent quality Whey protein will do just fine. NEVER buy your supplements from GNC or Vitamin world unless you wanna get ripped off. Use Bodybuilding supplements, sports nutrition and sports supplements wholesale all at MassNutrition.com or Bodybuilding Supplements -- Weight Loss Products and More! . Great prices, and they've been around a long time.
    Last edited by Jaysus Cutler6; 01-12-09 at 01:03 AM.
    01-12-09 01:01 AM
    I was talking about BSN no that's why you have to cycle off. It ingredients due effect the liver

01-12-09 06:37 AM
    results will vary...but if you start when you stop youll "deflate"

its all water weight
    01-13-09 10:27 PM
    It's true that your muscles pull water in, but creatine helps you lift more weight and/or do more reps which accelerates muscle growth and helps with recovery.
    01-13-09 11:40 PM
    Creatine helps with recovery and helps during anaerobic activities...which is what lifting weights is. It will help you exert more energy power while lifting...if you lift more weight and tear down the muscle then it will repair itself larger. Like a cut becoming a scar in a way, just like cutler said...personally it gives me the farts like crazy

01-14-09 12:50 AM
    Can Girls Drink Creatine?

Or Will it Make them Fat/Bulky?
    01-14-09 01:22 AM
    If you take creatine monohydrate you wont retain alot of water. women shouldnt take it unless trying to build muscle.
    01-14-09 07:01 AM
    you should only take creatine unless you can work it off. same goes to all protein. if its left in the body to sit and not burnt off then it converts to stored fat. protein is key only if you're working it into muscle.
    01-14-09 04:06 PM
    Protein does much more than just restoring muscle, like replenishing cells, hair and nail growth. But if your muscle do not absorb it, the excess is stored

01-14-09 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD