Well, a mechanical break led to a quick slide down the guard rail, which penetrated the right fuel tank and the 80 gallons of diesel within, which sprayed out and ignited, making my truck a rolling fireball for about 300 feet. When the truck stopped, a wave of flaming diesel poured out from under the truck and told me 'don't go this way'. I unbundled, grabbed the phone and slipped it in my pocket, grabbed the blanket off my bunk, and used it to suppress the flames coming up the passenger side skirting, and exited, stage right. 5 seconds later, the back of the cab had breached and a wave of flame blew the windshield out as I moved forward, away from the burning truck. 10 seconds after that, the driver's side tank blew up.
    $h1t! Talk about the nick of time. Glad you got out unscathed. Sorry for your material loss of course.
    BergerKing likes this.
    11-02-14 09:06 AM
    Appreciate that! Definitely was a crazy day, overall.
    11-05-14 10:32 AM
    Please say a prayer for my twin sister, Debbie. She is on standby to receive a liver transplant at UCLA Medical Center. I will spend the night in her room.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    moody, BergerKing, john_v and 1 others like this.
    02-03-15 12:29 AM
    Please say a prayer for my twin sister, Debbie. She is on standby to receive a liver transplant at UCLA Medical Center. I will spend the night in her room.

Any updates Denise?
    02-06-15 01:58 PM
    Debbie didn't get the liver on Monday. She is backup tonight for another one. It can be at any time so I would appreciate more prayers.
    moody, BergerKing and Blacklatino like this.
    02-06-15 11:13 PM
    Asking for prayers again! Debbie is going into surgery today for her liver transplant!

moody and BergerKing like this.
    02-07-15 05:02 PM
    Definitely praying for her, her medical team and all families.

(((hugs)))

Z30 & Q10
    Can't imagine life w/o Blackberry
    02-07-15 10:57 PM
    Thanks Moody! The new liver is in and seems to be working. However, she needs some works on her bile duct, so it could mean 2-3 hours longer in surgery.

Umaima_B_Dia, moody and BergerKing like this.
    02-08-15 02:04 AM
    Thanks Moody! The new liver is in and seems to be working. However, she needs some works on her bile duct, so it could mean 2-3 hours longer in surgery.

How is she doing Denise?

Z30 & Q10
    Can't imagine life w/o Blackberry
    02-09-15 06:48 AM
    Debbie is getting better slowly but surely. It's hard for her to be in the hospital.

02-10-15 10:52 PM
    Survival and recovery can be difficult, but each day down the road will be appreciated like no other. Beat wishes for a speedy return to health!
    02-11-15 09:55 AM
    Thank you so much, BK. I will go see Debbie tonight after work. She is lonely there in the hospital.
    BergerKing and jafobabe like this.
    02-11-15 01:15 PM
    I spent 5 and a half months in an almost isolated hospital room during my cancer battle. I think I had maybe a dozen visitors over that period of time. Fortunately, I do well in isolation, but it's not everyone that can do that. Let her know that a random bunch of phone junkies give a hoot, and maybe get her to come visit the threads, as well. No need to be a stranger-stranger.
    02-11-15 10:03 PM
    Wow! Just noticed this support thread. Thanks BK for starting it. To all of you, friends, and your family members in various stages - even in remission, God Bless you all! Lost a lot of family members, and good friends to cancer and along with heart disease has been detected on all sides of my family. Actually was at my grandmother's bedside when she took her last breath and succumbed to cancer in 1980. IMO, this is a very important thread here on CrackBerry. I still remember our friend Mamie and her journey along with all of her beautiful wallpapers. Again, thanks, BK.
    Anaik17, jafobabe and BergerKing like this.
    09-12-15 10:21 AM
    My wife lost her father to cancer back in October. It wore him down to nothing, such a terrible disease .
    01-19-16 09:33 AM
    Like most other people, I do not have a tendency to read sticky threads as they are usually concerning rules and regulations, but after being a member here for a number of years I decided to read this one................

I am humbled and held in awe at the strength and courage of those individuals who face up to the normal every day burdens of life with the knowledge that they or someone they love is seriously or terminally ill and still manage to remain cheerful and have concern for other peoples problems.
    You all have my respect and admiration..............
    moody likes this.
    01-23-16 01:04 PM
    Unfortunately not everyone survives. After a 2 year long fight Philadelphia Flyers Chairman, and NHL icon, Ed Snider has died this morning. The Flyers have dedicated this year's playoff run to Ed!

https://www.nhl.com/news/ed-snider-o...?tid=277350296

The CrackBerry Support Network.-voila_capture-2016-04-11_08-49-51_am.jpg
    04-11-16 12:04 PM
    Another hockey related inspirational story! I'm NOT a fan of this team, BUT for this story I am! Go Pens!

Sidney Crosby surprises cancer patient

12-07-16 11:54 AM
43 12