I currently live in Washington State and am considering moving to the Phoenix area (Mesa, Chandler, Tempe & Gilbert). I need some advice on if the move would be worth it. I am not really into the trees and mountains that Washington has to offer the water (straights, ocean, rivers) are cool but not needed. The only thing really keeping me in this area is the fact that my mom, sister, niece & grandmother live here along with a couple of friends. I do have my dad living in Buckeye and a couple of friends in the east valley.
    I know the weather can be very hot +110 for long stretches of time, and that too be honest doesn't bother me.
    If you have lived there what are the pros/cons of the areas listed above?
    What is the crime like?
    Add in any advice you have...

Thanks in Advance,

JHass
    03-12-09 12:29 PM
    I don't know personally...I'll be in Phoenix in 2 weeks though to meet my to-be-in-laws.
    However, my fiance has lived in Chicago, Phoenix, and now we live in Redmond (WA, of course). He says he'd never move back to Phoenix, refers to it as Satan's armpit, and says the whole state itself smells bad. Heh.
    He says Seattle and Washington just have so much more to offer. A better nightlife, more opportunities, better jobs, better people...and no billboards in Spanish. (He's not racist, just a quirk )

Good luck!!!!
    I guess I was no help! ;D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 12:38 PM
    From what I understand Phoenix is the kidnapping capital of the US. I also understand that it second in the world only to Mexico City.

On the upside it isn't too far from Las Vegas.
    03-12-09 12:57 PM
    Roeod, that's right! Because it's so close to the Mexican border, it's an excellent target area for young (usually caucasian) girls to be kidnapped, then brought over the border to be used/sold as sex slaves.
    It doesn't happen on a daily basis, but often.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 02:47 PM
    i don't know what it is like living there, i live in Connecticut, my parents live in camp Verde Arizona. I was there twice last year, once for 2 weeks and once for 10 days, then i was there in February for 8 days. They live about 70 minutes from phoenix, but we normally have our first lunch/diner in phoenix, cause i fly into sky harbor international airport. Phoenix is very hot, in august i remember it being about 110 degrees. Where my parents live its north from phoenix. It is about 70ish all year round no humidity. its great. Views are unbelievable. It is a great place to live.
    03-12-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD