Deleted the post
    Last edited by contractorslim; 05-12-14 at 06:57 AM.
    07-12-08 05:52 PM
    I understand you making sure you can provide for your family, but it is honestly not healthy to work liks this. I work about 110 hours a pay period, and even this is a ridiculous amount. If you can get by with cutting back your hours, do so. A schedule like that will catch up to you quickly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 06:10 PM
    I agree with Jenay. You may be able to keep up for a little while but you'll reach your breaking point.

07-12-08 07:26 PM
    I've been working 65-75 hours per week for the past 7 years. In the past few months I've just got my business staffed where I feel I can take more time off and it feels great. You can work as much as you want to I think and survive healthy. Its just about your drive to stay on top. My work week is down to about 55-60 hours a week now but I still answer the phone on my time off.

07-12-08 10:48 PM
    Slim- I admire anybody like you that does whatever it takes to provide for your family.
    Work hard but also work smart. Learn how to leverage your time and efforts.

Keep on keepin' on...

07-12-08 11:30 PM
    It's a big safety hazard as well.
    07-13-08 01:44 AM
    You doing it for the family but on the other hand you get to spend any time with them?

You fall asleep by 7pm? To get your 7-10pm sleep?

Eventually this would start having negative effects, health and family wise, IMHO.

07-13-08 08:35 AM
    Hope all works out well for you

A man gotta live right

07-13-08 10:12 AM
    Man I hope it all goes well for you. I work about 72 hours a week and that is to much for me Lol
    07-13-08 11:38 AM
    A healthy amount of sleep is 7-9 hours. Occationally less than 7 or more than 9 is ok. But consistent under sleeping can put your health at serious risk. The body needs enough time to regenerate and recouperate. I don't know all the specific health risks but if you want to know the details consult your family doctor or hit up searching online medical resources. I would be looking for ways to trim the budget so you don't need to work so many hours. It may also be possible that your spouce can get a stay at home job of some sort. My mom used to baby sit for money when I was a child to help pay the bills.

07-13-08 05:06 PM
    A healthy amount of sleep is 7-9 hours. Occationally less than 7 or more than 9 is ok. But consistent under sleeping can put your health at serious risk. The body needs enough time to regenerate and recouperate. I don't know all the specific health risks but if you want to know the details consult your family doctor or hit up searching online medical resources. I would be looking for ways to trim the budget so you don't need to work so many hours. It may also be possible that your spouce can get a stay at home job of some sort. My mom used to baby sit for money when I was a child to help pay the bills.

Stoneryno is absolutely right.
    07-13-08 09:31 PM
    Hey look guys, my hubby knows that he is working too much. He has me to tell him everything you guys are saying, lol. We talked about all this way before he even thought about taking the job. I tried looking for a job but the pay I would make would only pay for the daycare that our two girls would have to go to and the gas to get me to and from. He has more qualifications and can make more money then I can. Yes I am admitting it. Lol! But here actually here lately he has been either not working or getting off earlier then 6 at his remodeling business. I help as much as I can around the house and with his business. Plus I worry about him all the time so I make sure he gets the sleep he needs. I love him very much and appreciate everything he does. I know our beautiful girls do.

07-13-08 09:57 PM
    Slim,

It's a tough time with babies at home. In a few years they'll be in school and your wife will be able to work part time somewhere close - like at the school. Maybe the work smarter idea is a good one. Have you looked into growing your business with a partner who can do some of the labor? You might be able to get home earlier and get more sleep.

You also mentioned another answer. Do it as long as you can temporarily. Bank as much as you can, then give up the night job. You already know you're making yourself sick with so many hours. Your body will tell you. Make sure you get days off and get some sleep. Think about a partner - or even an employee.

I wish half my people were as motivated as you. Just read your wife's post and had to say more. All the financial experts say to do just what you are doing. Always look at the added expenses of a spouse working. It does not pay if daycare and gas don't add up. You are doing the right thing.

Last edited by exelant; 07-13-08 at 10:16 PM.
    07-13-08 10:09 PM
    3 personalt work up to 13 hours a day most of the week on backshift. I can honestly say money isn't everything. I have enough extra for the toys in life (my bikes, truck,so on) but time with the fiance and my pets are worth more then any job can pay.
    07-14-08 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD