This place has always been so good for support for my Blackberry. Now, I am in desperate need for some help with my backup files on my external hard drive. I think they may be corrupted but I need to know if they can be repaired or if a computer guru can extract them anyway. It is going to be devastating if I can't recover these files. I took the hard drive to a "professional" but he didn't have time to work with it. I will be willing to pay anyone who can help out. Please send me to some good computer help forums!
    12-15-09 07:18 PM
    I've been a Member at Overclockers.com or ocforums.com I believe is the name for the forum

great people, very smart people.

As for checking your hard drive to see if it is corrupt, figure out who made the drive, and go to the OE website, you'll find Hard Drive recovery software.

you might also check out things like the Ultimateboot CD,
    12-15-09 08:22 PM
    Tom's Hardware: Hardware News, Tests and Reviews is another option.

What's the drive doing, or not doing? Why do you think the files are corrupted? Does the drive itself still work?
    12-16-09 02:50 AM
    Thanks for the replies. The external drive that holds my backup files is a Toshiba and it works fine. The files are all there, with a NBF extension. When I open the NTI Backup 5 program, the files are invisible. When I have it search for "all file types", they show up, but when the restore command is given, it tells me the files have an error. NTI is the backup software made by Toshiba.
    12-16-09 04:30 AM
    The Toshiba site may be the best place to start. There might be information on how to bypass the backup software and manually copy the files off the drive.

Are you by any chance cartracey from cliesource/onesource?
    12-16-09 06:51 AM
    Personally, if the drive is big enough, I'd not only use NTI Backup, but I'd also just put a copy of the files on the drive. Or see if you can get another backup program, one that doens't add NBF extensions, and just copies the data as-is. This way, if your computer dies, you won't need NTI Backup to restore your data.
    12-16-09 07:24 AM
    The Toshiba site may be the best place to start. There might be information on how to bypass the backup software and manually copy the files off the drive.

Are you by any chance cartracey from cliesource/onesource?
    Yes, I am! And you must be wnm! I haven't been over there in forever! What a good memory you have!

I guess I will get started on some of these suggestions. If I could just get the pictures, I would be happy. I have another copy of the music on another hard drive.
    12-16-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD