It cracks me up whenever someone says a new Blackberry device isn't going to be an Iphone killer? Are you serious? You can't even compare a Blackberry to an Iphone they are two totally different types of cell phones. Blackberry is more for grown ups that don't want all the apps. The push email is what I really need but thanks anyways. Iphones are more for the younger crowd. Sorry it has to be said. Who agrees?
    05-17-10 12:03 PM
    You just made this stupid a$$ statement in another thread, didn't get the response that you wanted so you dicided to start your own stupid a$$ thread. really?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/rim...ml#post5127163
    05-17-10 12:10 PM
    Someone is a stalker. Wow
    05-17-10 12:11 PM
    It cracks me up whenever someone says a new Blackberry device isn't going to be an Iphone killer? Are you serious? You can't even compare a Blackberry to an Iphone they are two totally different types of cell phones. Blackberry is more for grown ups that don't want all the apps. The push email is what I really need but thanks anyways. Iphones are more for the younger crowd. Sorry it has to be said. Who agrees?
    Its been said before, and others have been flamed mightily because of it. I think it is a lost cause nowadays to argue which device is better. For every reason you can come up with to defend your device, others can come up with just as many reasons why your device sucks. You are spinning your wheels with this one.

However, if there were going to be comparisons, I would like to see more comparison's of the value of the devices. Which device will cost you the most money over a two year contract? Which device has a higher resale value? Which device has the most OS upgrades in a year? Things like that interest me more than the vague "my phone is better than yours" argument.

Also, the "BlackBerry is in trouble", or "BlackBerry is dead" threads can be thrown in with the mix of arguments that are never settled and usually not productive.
    05-17-10 12:16 PM
    I don't think it has anything to do with age. It has to do with what you need it to do and what you use it for. I will consider an iPhone with the new 4.0 OS. My only hesitation is typing on the screen. My wife has an iPhone (along with about 90% of her friends) and I cannot get the hang of typing on it. I am sure I could after using it for an extended period. My work allows iPhones to connect to our work email and there is no lag in receiving emails. My wife has MobileMe, which delivers email back and forth just like my Blackberry.

My biggest complaint with Blackberry is the memory. I should not have to reboot my device every 2-3 days due to running out of app memory. Bump it up to 1-2 GB already. I have to limit what apps I install and run due to memory leaks.
    05-17-10 12:16 PM
    He's kind of right. IPhone is a toy for kids, like a pull toy. Play with it for a short time and move on. Get the real thing - A Blackberry!
    05-17-10 12:17 PM
    Come on guys, you aren't cooperating. He was looking for a bunch of co-signing fanboys to stand up and cheer with him!
    05-17-10 12:18 PM
    Memory Leaks are a problem with Blackberry just like good battery life is to the Iphone.
    05-17-10 12:21 PM
    Just posting before the thread lock
    05-17-10 12:23 PM
    I take it theone1 likes the iphone. Sorry but i'm just so sick of everyone comparing the iphone to every other cell phone on the planet. To me once you get past 95 percent of the apps being pointless. It isn't that great. Watching video on the Iphone I must say is one of the only pluses with me.
    05-17-10 12:24 PM
    I take it theone1 likes the iphone. Sorry but i'm just so sick of everyone comparing the iphone to every other cell phone on the planet. To me once you get past 95 percent of the apps being pointless. It isn't that great. Watching video on the Iphone I must say is one of the only pluses with me.
    Actually, I've never owned an iphone. I don't even own an ipod touch.
    05-17-10 12:29 PM
    I don't agree with your grown up statement. However i do agree that they are different devices to an extent. Plenty of Law firms and hospitals use the iPhone aas a means to better assist them in work. Do teenagers use them yes but it can be employed differently depending on its specified purpose.
    05-17-10 12:36 PM
    5 percent of the Iphone apps are useful. True.
    05-17-10 12:39 PM
    I own a BB 8830 and an iPod Touch. I've given up on BB OS as a third party app platform. If I could get a Verizon iPhone it would be game over. As it is, I am looking at the new Bold as a possible next device. I am also looking at the Droid Incredible.

There are two millstones around RIM's neck right now. Memory and the browser. One is this java-based OS which leaks like a sieve. I tried OS 4.5 on my 8830 and I'm back to 4.2.2.196. Remember 4.2.2.196 where email on your smartphone looks like email in Pine? I would rather have 12 meg filefree than 20k filefree any day.

Bolt browser has eased my pain somewhat, but I've gotta go through an off-shore proxy and any US-only sites think I'm coming from the EU. RIM will continue to bleed until OS 6.0 brings us a true webkit-based browser. I love reliable email, but when I click a link in an email... No... Wait... I'm on OS 4.2.2.196 and I can't do that... But if I could click a link on an emal only to be taken to the worst browser since blazer, I can't see how anybody would make such an effort to blindly defend BB against any phone (webOS, iPhone, Android) that offers a real browser.

Make no mistake. I love my email. But when I'm within range of wifi, the email on my iPod Touch works almost as well as my BB. There are some quirks that I can get around by shelling out $ for MobileMe and configuring a pop server. It might be that when OS 4 brings a unified inbox to iThings, Apple finally figures out how to do email right. All I would need then would be a Verizon iPhone and I'd be back to one device. And because of my app needs, it wouldn't be a BB. Let's hope there is an OS 6 phone out before iPhone comes to big V or RIM will start bleeding like a stuck pig. And Android will slip back as well.

BTW, I have a few hundred of those 200,000+ apps. There are not 195,000 fart apps and 5,000 real apps. There are more like 500 fart apps. Ok, make that 624 fart apps. Take some time to browse the online app catalog at BB and compare it to appshopper.com. It would be transparent fanboyism for us to claim the 200,000+ iPhone apps are all fart apps.

I happen to like competition. I don't want to see 98 percent of people using iPhone any more than I want to see all Kins or all BB or all Android. I'm pulling for RIM to bring us a better browser and a more credible offering of apps before iPhone escapes out from under the At&t exclusivity. I noticed At&t is touting network upgrades to bring 3G to 250 million people. I wonder if this isn't some sort of preemptive strike against a Verizon iPhone. Nah. RIM can hold me a while longer...
    05-17-10 12:45 PM
    Ok, then which device has more useful apps. 5 percent of 150,000 is about 7,500 useful apps. For arguments sake, let's say that 100 percent of bb apps are useful . BB has what, 2 or 3 thousand apps total. I wasn't a math major in college, but 7,500 is more that 3,000 (unless we're talking about golf). So who has more useful apps?
    05-17-10 12:58 PM
    You just made this stupid a$$ statement in another thread, didn't get the response that you wanted so you dicided to start your own stupid a$$ thread. really?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/rim...ml#post5127163
    BURN!

Just posting before the thread lock
    Me too! I love pointless threads.
    Ok, then which device has more useful apps. 5 percent of 150,000 is about 7,500 useful apps. For arguments sake, let's say that 100 percent of bb apps are useful . BB has what, 2 or 3 thousand apps total. I wasn't a math major in college, but 7,500 is more that 3,000 (unless we're talking about golf). So who has more useful apps?
    Burned again!
    05-17-10 01:09 PM
    Thats my point I don't buy a phone for the apps along with a lot of people that just want a phone to communicate. Here is another debate. My blackberry was free and I pay 60 bucks a month for everything. How much is an iphone and how much is the monthly service?
    05-17-10 01:22 PM
    Aside from verizon which charges a lot for service but has better coverage in my opinion than other carriers. Money wise its a lot more to own an Iphone in a two year contract than a typical Blackberry.
    05-17-10 01:27 PM
    Thats my point I don't buy a phone for the apps along with a lot of people that just want a phone to communicate. Here is another debate. My blackberry was free and I pay 60 bucks a month for everything. How much is an iphone and how much is the monthly service?
    Mine was free and I pay $50.00/month.
    05-17-10 01:30 PM
    att charges more than 50 bucks for everything with an iphone.
    05-17-10 01:32 PM
    *Pictures all the 'grown ups' confused by too many choices, saying things like "Back in my day, we didn't have all these fancy apps. All we had was a typewriter."
    05-17-10 01:42 PM
    att charges more than 50 bucks for everything with an iphone.
    I'm not with AT&T.
    05-17-10 01:43 PM
    The problem I found with the iPhone is that the 'core' apps are not as good as the Blackberry, take task list as an example. My blackberry syncs with my mac but my iPhone didn't even have a tasks app without having to download a 3rd party app, calender is better on my blackberry, txting is better and so is making a call. But if I wanted to download additional apps to change my phone or do additional things it would have to be the iPhone, blackberry app world is good but not as good as iTunes.

And with regards to the 5% of iPhone apps are useful I would completely disagree, there are loads of useful apps for the iPhone but each individual is going to have there own opinion of what useful is!!!
    05-17-10 02:25 PM
    I was going to actually reply with my opinion but I had fun reading everyone go back and forth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD