Good luck England hope we wreck Italy tonight kick of 40 mins away.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 04:24 PM
    We believe!

Posted via Q10
    06-14-14 04:34 PM
    06-14-14 04:48 PM
    All in good fun (I hope). Your second goal was good but the first two goals of the game were incredible. You have to at least admit that much.
    06-14-14 10:21 PM
    All in good fun (I hope). Your second goal was good but the first two goals of the game were incredible. You have to at least admit that much.
    Hahaha....i was kind of rooting for the underdog. hoping Rooney would at least score a goal for his personal achievement. England was putting good pressure in the first 15 minutes though.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 06:55 AM
    And.....they los

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 06:57 AM
    The Italian can't afford to lose this one. The whole country will collapse. Lol!! Meanwhile the Brits still enjoy their scones and tea. Big difference.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 07:05 AM
    Both teams do not play consistently well.

What is that, champion in 2006, and finish bottom of the group state in 2010... ?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ottom-of-group

Now Spain has managed a similar achievement this year....

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    06-22-14 06:08 AM
    If we look at most of the "world class teams" in the world cup, they are all going through the same thing. The old experienced names are coming to the end of their career and are being replaced by younger future stars. This process will take several years to complete and in the meantime the teams will not be consistent in their performances. In the meantime they must all be aware of teams like Costa Rica and Ghana who can easily take advantage of the evolving top teams they play. England's next match against Costa Rica should be an excellent game and will highlight this problem.
    06-22-14 06:29 AM
    England had one of the youngest sides in the tournament. Only the presence of the old lags like Gerrard and Lampard pushed the average age up beyond others.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 06:42 AM
    Steven Gerrard's lack of defense doomed you. His ball distribution was anemic. His selection is what killed you.
    Last edited by LoneStarRed; 06-22-14 at 10:54 AM.
    06-22-14 06:51 AM
    All I know is Colombia is making its way up

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 06:52 AM
    But you have to give the young ones a chance to develope which is what I'm saying. Lampard and Gerrard need to be there to support them through this period.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 06:54 AM
    Title should now be changed to 'Go home England!' ; )

Careful! Z10....er..... BlackDroid in action!
    06-22-14 07:00 AM
    They already have their plane tickets.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 07:08 AM
    But you have to give the young ones a chance to develope which is what I'm saying. Lampard and Gerrard need to be there to support them through this period.

Posted via CB10
    That was the idea, and why Ashley Cole was left at home to limit the number of oldies in a young side for the future. Gerrard has managed to throw away Premier League and World Cup group qualification in the space of 6 weeks. Well done son.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 08:00 AM
    That was the idea, and why Ashley Cole was left at home to limit the number of oldies in a young side for the future. Gerrard has managed to throw away Premier League and World Cup group qualification in the space of 6 weeks. Well done son.

Posted via CB10
    So true that! He had neither the legs or the decision making to compensate.
    06-22-14 10:54 AM
    I agree with both of the above comments but here's just a thought? Would England be on their way home now if the so called "Superstar" Rooney had not missed about six sitting goals?

By the way before anyone starts kicking off and complaining about my comment please bear in mind that I hate football?

I just comment on what I see. For someone who's only task in life is to score goals and is paid more than the highest paid surgeon in the world to perform that task, I'm very pleased that he didn't decide to become a surgeon. Most schoolboy strikers wouldn't miss the chances he's had in this world cup series?

Just a thought remember?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 01:23 PM
    Narrow margins I suppose. Most games you could probably say the same thing, that if only the striker hadn't missed then the result would have been different. Both England games were very tight affairs after all. They were a bit unlucky to lose to Italy, and rather threw it away against Uruguay.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 01:58 PM
    I agree with both of the above comments but here's just a thought? Would England be on their way home now if the so called "Superstar" Rooney had not missed about six sitting goals?

By the way before anyone starts kicking off and complaining about my comment please bear in mind that I hate football?

I just comment on what I see. For someone who's only task in life is to score goals and is paid more than the highest paid surgeon in the world to perform that task, I'm very pleased that he didn't decide to become a surgeon. Most schoolboy strikers wouldn't miss the chances he's had in this world cup series?

Just a thought remember?

Posted via CB10
    Strikers are like baseball hitters. The best usually make it happen much more than they miss. But they are not perfect., just clutch. As you said, you don't watch much football. The chances Rooney missed were good but difficult. For him to have converted those would make him amazing even for strikers. It highlights how very difficult the role is. A midfielder's role is not as glamorous and you have to know the game to really guage performance. But the midfield is the engine and quarterback of the team. They are essential. If they don't do the job the team is screwed. You may have seen team play without an out and out striker. You will hardly EVER see a team without midfielders!

As for what he is paid. His image rights and performance generates the revenues to make it feasible. What these guys make is no doubt a lot of money. But if you broke down NFL, NBA , NHL , MLB and actor salaries it would be very similar !
    06-22-14 03:07 PM
    Strikers are like baseball hitters. The best usually make it happen much more than they miss. But they are not perfect., just clutch. As you said, you don't watch much football. The chances Rooney missed were good but difficult. For him to have converted those would make him amazing even for strikers. It highlights how very difficult the role is. A midfielder's role is not as glamorous and you have to know the game to really guage performance. But the midfield is the engine and quarterback of the team. They are essential. If they don't do the job the team is screwed. You may have seen team play without an out and out striker. You will hardly EVER see a team without midfielders!

As for what he is paid. His image rights and performance generates the revenues to make it feasible. What these guys make is no doubt a lot of money. But if you broke down NFL, NBA , NHL , MLB and actor salaries it would be very similar !
    I agree with your entire statement but we tend to persecute bankers, stockbrokers and politicians etc etc etc for not earning their salary by failing to do what they are employed to do. Certain sports are ruled by emotion and worst of all money? Jason Button misses a corner in a GP at 200+ mph by 5" and he dies. Rooney misses the target by 55ft and we shout "oh that was close"? They both earn approximately the same money but with one of them the money is useless to him if he is dead? The other just drives off in his ferrari and says "oh well never mind"?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 09:54 AM
    Well consider that something is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. People are willing to pay for footballers hence they continue. Simple as supply and demand. Just like where ever you work. Theses footballer have put in thousands of hours and overcome mind boggling odds to "make it". And their shelf life is very limited. A career ending injury is only one tackle away.

So aspire to reach that same level of achievement and proficiency in whatever you do and you will make similar money.
    06-23-14 08:13 PM
    Double post.
    06-23-14 08:48 PM
    Double post deleted.
    06-23-14 08:49 PM
    Wake me up when Scotland makes the cut.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 08:52 PM
33 12