I know we had a convo a while ago about it, but oh well. Does anyone work for comcast who can give me a better frigging deal? Ive got the triple play package and I dont ever use the phone!!!! Im tired of paying 130 bucks for stuff i dont use... I called today and threatened to cancel so they took the 33 off for the phone and left the other 2 the same, but thats only until my agreement is up in a few months... I love comcast and want to keep it, but its ****** how much they charge!!!!! i could be putting all that money into gas!!!!
    06-16-08 10:19 AM
    Best deal you can get is to get Verizon FiOS. Thats what I did, everything was almost $60 less a month with 100+ more channels, including HD.

Luigi
    06-16-08 11:56 AM
    how do i go about that?
    06-16-08 12:02 PM
    Call Verizon and see if they are in your area.

Luigi
    06-16-08 01:19 PM
    Verizon fios is a joke. You are better off staying with comcast. They claim to be the best BC they bring fiber right to your house. Well comcast does the same thing. We just do it all out @ the street and then send it down the line to the house. They might say they have more hd channels but is that broadcast or true? There is a big difference. Comacast offers more true hd channels than anyone, Verizon, direct tv, and dish network can't compare. And besides comcast has been doing cable for a VERY long time, how long has Verizon been doing it? I think they have perfected the art of steamlining video to a household.

Best thing to do is call comcast and explain your situation. They have packages for everyones needs. I am sure you can get into a package that suits you and is reasonably priced. I am a communications tech for them and I always help customers fine the right price to suit their needs. And trust me when I say that in the near future comcast will be coming out with more services that will put Verizon to shame as well as every other company out there trying to compete with us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 08:50 PM
    Verizon fios is a joke. You are better off staying with comcast. They claim to be the best BC they bring fiber right to your house. Well comcast does the same thing. We just do it all out @ the street and then send it down the line to the house. They might say they have more hd channels but is that broadcast or true? There is a big difference. Comacast offers more true hd channels than anyone, Verizon, direct tv, and dish network can't compare. And besides comcast has been doing cable for a VERY long time, how long has Verizon been doing it? I think they have perfected the art of steamlining video to a household.

Best thing to do is call comcast and explain your situation. They have packages for everyones needs. I am sure you can get into a package that suits you and is reasonably priced. I am a communications tech for them and I always help customers fine the right price to suit their needs. And trust me when I say that in the near future comcast will be coming out with more services that will put Verizon to shame as well as every other company out there trying to compete with us.

I'm sure you provide your customers with great customer service, but from speaking from my experience I find comcast to be very difficult to work with. (This may just be an area/location thing...) They wouldn't work with me on package and exactly what I wanted and needed. I'm just offering a different option to his problem. I had Comcast for almost 17 years, give or take, and did research on Verizon for a month before I made the switch. From my experience everything was better, price point, customer service, and the channels they offered. (The HD television I have was purchased new in December, when I still had comcast.) Watching ESPN on Comcast and Verizon FiOS are two different worlds. And ESPN HD, is just unreal, its a movie experience on FiOS. I could careless how they bring it into my house from a technical point of view as long as it works and that's exactly what I told the lady from Verizon as she babbeled the process. The best part, I'm getting channels I never knew were out there because they gave me 100+ more channels in there package that cost less than Comcast.

And just because a company is new at something doesn't mean it can't be better, that's not an argument.
    Luigi
    06-17-08 08:30 AM
    luigi, I agree with your comment saying that since a company is new @ something doesn't mean they can't be better. I was just implying you would sometimes trust the company more that has been doing it for a while. Verizon is a great company and I am sure they have great programming that comcast is lacking, and I feel they are lacking some important stuff.

I guess it all boils down to personal preference and past experiences. You have to go with what fits your lifestyle and budget. If Verizon is a clear cut winner in the hd department then kudos to them. As a comcast employee I hate to hear or see a customer leave due to something beyond my control. Its one less person I can provide excellent customer service to. Enjoy the fios and if you have any questions about anything regarding comcast or just general cable question don't hesitate to ask.

06-17-08 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD