K here it is. I just started shopping for my gf for christmas (yup, yup. Procrastination it is) and I'm torn between diamond earrings (small ones of course) and a coach bag (again small one of course). But my question is, which would probably be more for the women is: for those of you who are interested in Coach bags, what is it about Coach? Is it a status thing (no offense)? Is it the looks? Is it the quality (this would be the deciding factor if it's well built). I don't want this to be offensive. (If it does offend anyone, could the Moderators remove this before it offends more ppl? Thanks) I'm just curious cuz I don't understand. But on behalf of my gf, I'm trying to. Thanks in advance for any input.
    12-19-07 07:35 PM
    Coach is a status symbol, they are expensive handbags, and everybody(well, almost everybody) knows they are expensive. So when you carry a coach you are making a statement about your status, taste, etc... and in your case making a statement about how much you love your gf if you are willing to spend quite a bit of money on something you don't quite understand, but she really likes.

But then again diamonds are a girls best friend and diamonds are forever

Happy Holidays!
    12-19-07 07:57 PM
    Uh.....ok. Whatever maggie_may said Have fun here on the CB.
    12-19-07 08:05 PM
    Pardon me here. Not into that brand or those LVs or any. Not a brand conscious person here. What I look for are bags that are made in Italy and or shoes made in Brazil. Though they are priced quite higher, it is not the brand that makes me decide to purchase it or not. I may be Chinese but I see Coaches that are made in China. Brand name or not, I don't care as long as I don't see it made in China

So I would suggest, a diamond. View it as an investment . Diamond you can pawned later (in case you break up) but Coach bag? What's your return of investment lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-07 08:25 PM

So I would suggest, a diamond. View it as an investment . Diamond you can pawned later (in case you break up) but Coach bag? What's your return of investment lol
    Totally agree with that! I appreciate my jewels much more than any other accessory! (unless you count my BB as one of my accessories)

Does she have a BB? If she does not maybe you should consider that as a gift instead
    12-19-07 08:47 PM
    i have gotten my sister and my girlfriend a coach... however, it saddens me to know they use it MAYBE once or twice/week...and mind you this is the coach larger bag that can carry oodles.

My sister is getting diamond earings from her husband for christmas...im sure thats something she'll wear everyday... so, i say go with the earings...no matter the size, diamonds are diamonds. good luck!
    12-20-07 08:31 AM
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I guess I'll go with the earrings. I'm glad I didn't just go out and buy the bag. I was going to get the bag because all my other friends were getting it for their wives. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

Merry Crackberry!
    12-20-07 11:59 AM
    As as woman, I would say go for the earrings. I am picky about my purses and bags no matter what brand they are! I like them to be the perfect size with the perfect amount of compartments and the perfect color/print... You get the idea. Diamond earrings go with pretty much everything, there's less room for error! Good choice, in my opinion. Good luck!
    12-20-07 02:34 PM
    I'm the antithesis of "brand conscious"... I don't give a rat's patoot what the name is on what I wear or carry, it has to be well made and suit the purpose for what I intend to use it for (same with my BB - it's not the "name" - it's what it "does").

I'd go with the diamonds.
    12-21-07 09:29 AM
    I agree with Simons91 - purses are such a personal choice item. I don't care if its a Coach or a Target special, if it's not right, I won't use it.

Diamonds are always a good choice.
    12-21-07 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD