Source: Owners Of Sears Tower Sell Naming Rights To Willis Group Holdings - cbs2chicago.com

Report: Owners Sell Naming Rights To Willis Group Holdings

The London-based insurance broker Willis Group Holdings Ltd. announced Thursday that it is moving in, and the building will be renamed the Willis Tower, according to Crain's Chicago Business.

Willis Group is consolidating five local offices in the tower at 233 S. Wacker Dr., with almost 500 employees, according to Crain's.

Willis told Crain's they are not paying extra for the naming rights.

The owners of the building have attempted to lure tenants with an offer of naming rights before. In 2005, the owners offered naming rights to the computer reselling firm CDW Corp., but the company declined, and decided to expand its offices at 222 S. Riverside Plaza rather than move into the Sears Tower, according to Crain's Chicago Business.

The U.S. Olympic Committee was also offered naming rights to move in, but decided to stay in Colorado instead, Crain's reported.

Sears, Roebuck & Co., now based in Hoffman Estates, has not had offices in the Sears Tower since 1992. The company lost its naming rights to the tower in 2003, according to Crain's.

(� MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
    Bullcrap if you ask me. It'll always be the Sears to me.
    03-12-09 10:10 PM
    I heard it was going to be renamed to "Ron Whites big ol' ****in' building".
    This is disappointing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 06:09 AM
    Source: Owners Of Sears Tower Sell Naming Rights To Willis Group Holdings - cbs2chicago.com

Bullcrap if you ask me. It'll always be the Sears to me.
    Agreed. Like anyones going to call it anything other than the Sears Tower.

Everyone still calls it the Pan Am Building even though it's owned by Met Life.
    03-13-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD