I have used a mobil phone since 1975, so I'm no stranger to changes and the cost for this convenience to run a business. During the 90's I owned a landscape company that did work within 300 miles of Portland and used the Motorola brick phone to communicate. I don't remember how many minutes I was on this phone but I do remember using 3 spare batteries and the monthly bill was over $700/mo.

January 1998 a lump on my right neck was diagnose as Lymphoma (non curable type). I threw my phones away because I knew the phone caused my cancer. After 4 years of remission I bought a cell phone 12/2003. Three months later my Lymphoma came back, then again in 2008. If it wasn't for a new drug used in my treatments in 1998, that I was a test case, I would be dead.

I use the my cell phone as little as possible and the majority of the time I email or text. Since we have no internet it serves as my computer.

The high usage of cell phone especially by kids concerns me and how phones are again getting bigger and stronger.

So, I'm ok with:
    The antenna that is standard;
    Smaller battery that needs a charge;
    A device small enough to put in my coat pocket instead of my pants;

I just thought I would share my feelings about where this industry is going. So, for all the demanding consumers, the manufactures knows this.

My 10 cents

Channel C003DB0B0

My Intro:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/introdu...me-out-923102/
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 05-21-14 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Add BBM Channel C003DB0B0
    05-10-14 09:58 AM
    I wrote this today because my dear daughter reninded me when I told my wife I wanted a smart watch for Christmas.

"Why would you want to wear what caused your cancer?"

She turns off her Wifi except when she is using it. She doesn't allow cell phones near my 1 and 3 year old grandkids. She never puts her cell phone in her bra but carries it in her purse. She never uses a battery powered handheld. .........
    05-10-14 10:17 AM
    I have used a mobil phone since 1975, so I'm no stranger to changes and the cost for this convenience to run a business. During the 90's I owned a landscape company that did work within 300 miles of Portland and used the Motorola brick phone to communicate. I don't remember how many minutes I was on this phone but I do remember using 3 spare batteries and the monthly bill was over $700/mo.

January 1998 a lump on my right neck was diagnose as Lymphoma (non curable type). I threw my phones away because I knew the phone caused my cancer. After 4 years of remission I bought a cell phone 12/2003. Three months later my Lymphoma came back, then again in 2008. If it wasn't for a new drug used in my treatments in 1998, that I was a test case, I would be dead.

I use the my cell phone as little as possible and the majority of the time I email or text. Since we have no internet it serves as my computer.

The high usage of cell phone especially by kids concerns me and how phones are again getting bigger and stronger.

So, I'm ok with:
    The antenna that is standard;
    Smaller battery that needs a charge;
    A device small enough to put in my coat pocket instead of my pants;

I just thought I would share my feelings about where this industry is going. So, for all the demanding consumers, the manufactures knows this.

My 10 cents

My Intro:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/introdu...me-out-923102/
    Mmmmmmmmm my firstest phone woodnt do eiver see eh?

Cell Phones and "C" Word Think Before You Make a Wish-first-phone.jpg
    05-10-14 11:11 AM
    Mmmmmmmmm my firstest phone woodnt do eiver see eh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first phone.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	269171
    Hello Old Man,

We used a model in our trucks same buttons.
    The older models was not as bad a a "Brick"

Do you still have this? Lol

Btw: Anyone with 10k post should be a God in CB
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 05-10-14 at 12:52 PM.
    05-10-14 12:02 PM
    Wonder if anyone have love ones that have cancer from using a cell phone?

All these wearables coming out can't help but wonder.

I hope 10 years from now these kids don't get it. Glad they use it mostly for gaming and texting.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 07-15-14 at 12:48 AM.
    07-14-14 12:41 PM
    Interesting story, glad to have heard it, thanks for shharing!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 12:55 AM
    Now, of course this is a small sample size, and everyone is different.

Not to diminish any pain you've gone through or any if your struggles.

But I have not seen any link between cancer and cellphone usage.

Now, it's true that using any electronic device gives off an electric field. It is also true that it uses high frequency waves to communicate.

However, if those things were to cause cancer, then everyone would have died years ago with the invention of the radio.

Passport on Wind
    12-15-14 02:20 AM