Yep, I was taught that too. And at the age of ten my Dad taught me and my bro all about guns and cleaning and the dangers of them. We are still good shots today, and have a large respect for guns.
    Same with my bunch. Taught them a lot more than most parents seem to these days. Also taught them early to prepare to be independent adults. They all had to plan, shop, and prepare for family meals. How to take care of their business, 'cause I dont have time for mooches.
    02-19-13 10:11 PM
    Same with my bunch. Taught them a lot more than most parents seem to these days. Also taught them early to prepare to be independent adults. They all had to plan, shop, and prepare for family meals. How to take care of their business, 'cause I dont have time for mooches.
    Did the same with my three children.. 2 older boys and my daughter. Taught them all how to prepare for the worst, and to be able to feed themselves, and not rely on someone else.
    kbz1960, middbrew and louzer like this.
    02-19-13 10:15 PM
    Funny, my oldest asked one day, 'Dad, can I have my nose pierced?' I smiled and said 'Sure'. She was goggle-eyed and said 'Really?!' I turned to the stove, slipped a chef's knife out of the block, the turned around and asked where she wanted the hole. Her eyes got as big as saucers, as she looked at the knife and the smile on my face, and that was the last time I ever had to answer that question.
    02-19-13 10:16 PM
    I had 5, ended up with one, and married into 5 more. Their whole early lives had been fubared from terrible parenting. They've all become pretty well-adjusted adults. I told them from the day we decided to become a family that I wasn't there to be their buddy, that all would be treated equally, regardless of biology.
    02-19-13 10:19 PM
    Funny, my oldest asked one day, 'Dad, can I have my nose pierced?' I smiled and said 'Sure'. She was goggle-eyed and said 'Really?!' I turned to the stove, slipped a chef's knife out of the block, the turned around and asked where she wanted the hole. Her eyes got as big as saucers, as she looked at the knife and the smile on my face, and that was the last time I ever had to answer that question.
    02-19-13 10:22 PM
    Kids are wonderful.... by the time they have grown and off on their own, you have earned every grey hair on your head. LOL
    02-19-13 10:25 PM
    Then when they have turned 25-28... they call you up on the phone and say..... 'Hey mom, remember when you told me blah blah blah and I didn't listen to ya?' And I said, 'Yes, I remember'... They then say.....'Well you were right!'..... I proceeded to faint on the floor.
    02-19-13 10:28 PM
    Kids are wonderful.... by the time they have grown and off on their own, you have earned every grey hair on your head. LOL
    Something that nearing age 48, I still have very few of. But it is cropping up in my beard and moustache. And not grey, but pure white.
    02-19-13 10:29 PM
    Then when they have turned 25-28... they call you up on the phone and say..... 'Hey mom, remember when you told me blah blah blah and I didn't listen to ya?' And I said, 'Yes, I remember'... They then say.....'Well you were right!'..... I proceeded to faint on the floor.
    Oh, I've heard that so many times, now. The oldest step will be 26 this year, and boy, she has come back to me a lot and said I was getting smarter all the time.
    02-19-13 10:31 PM
    I used to love to tell my kids..... you will pay for your raisin'... and sure enough, when they had kids... they would say to me how the h3ll did you keep from killing me??? LOL And I'd point to the grey hair on my head.. and said.. 'this saved your a$$' I would giggle like a banshe.
    02-19-13 10:48 PM
    I used to love to tell my kids..... you will pay for your raisin'... and sure enough, when they had kids... they would say to me how the h3ll did you keep from killing me??? LOL And I'd point to the grey hair on my head.. and said.. 'this saved your a$$' I would giggle like a banshe.
    Bwahahaha!
    02-19-13 10:52 PM
    Growing up listening to my old man's music was GREAT (some 2500+ albums mostly Classic Rock from 60s and 70s with some Jazz, Blues, Soul and a Country+Western album mixed in here and there, until of course disco ruined everything he says and I don't disagree and don't even get him started about Rap!). He had/has some very expensive high-end stereo equipment including a Bang & Olufsen turntable that had the floating arm thingie and a Thorens with the common pivoting arm. Heck, he spends $10 for lubricating oil for it and even more for the D4 disk cleaning fluid kit, yet complains about paying more than $5 for a six pack of decent beer. He wears white cotton gloves when handling the records (he calls them vinyls of course), cleans before and after playing, then carefully puts them back into their plastic covered sleeves. He has the needle mirror device with cleaning brush that gets checked frequently and always a spare cartridge and needle ready which cost a small fortune by themselves. Maybe, if I am real good and continue to listen to his endless stories about concerts, each band, album and song, he might, just maybe give it all to me someday.
    02-19-13 11:34 PM
    Nailed it! How much of that is acting and how much is actually the booze?

02-20-13 12:03 AM
    Stumbles to the podium, but glides to his seat when he's done...

02-20-13 12:25 AM
    Sweet jeezus...I'm over 100 pages behind (40 posts per page).

Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

So, uh, hi.
    Well pour yourself another wu-wei and do some pantless posting!
    kbz1960, BergerKing and middbrew like this.
    02-20-13 01:56 AM
    But alas, I'm off to bed to rest up so I can do somemore kicka$$in' & takein' names...at work in the morning..... I'm on a ROLL!

Nite all.
    02-20-13 01:57 AM
    Sweet jeezus...I'm over 100 pages behind (40 posts per page).

Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

So, uh, hi.
    Hi
    02-20-13 05:38 AM
    Hi
    Good.morning morning to ya Z how you doing and hey wu weight been wondering where you have been.
    02-20-13 05:46 AM
    Morning pantless friends.
    02-20-13 06:25 AM
    Good.morning morning to ya Z how you doing and hey wu weight been wondering where you have been.
    Hey tempur, doing OK and have been busy. How's you?
    02-20-13 06:26 AM
    Good Pantless morning to all you 50k pantless crackhabbers out there, given he11 today!
    02-20-13 06:54 AM
    Morning mikeplus1
    02-20-13 06:55 AM
    Yaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnn!
    02-20-13 08:13 AM
    Mornin', y'all. Wow, did I ever snooze. I guess I'll roll out in a bit and get laundry done while im waiting for 'em to fix that item on my truck.
    02-20-13 08:15 AM
    Morning all! Brrrrrrrrr it's chilly here... in the low 40's (oh hush) and got ice rain coming. Temp is not going up any higher than it is right now.
    02-20-13 08:43 AM
618,114 ... 25932594259525962597 ...