Bank orders female staff to wear loose skirts and flesh-coloured underwear

Swiss bank UBS has issued a new dress code with a difference: it orders female staff to wear loose-fitting skirts and flesh-coloured underwear.

Not flesh-coloured so not allowed: Pink knickers are against UBS guidelines

The Zurich-based bank is trying to improve its image and regain the faith of clients after it was bailed out during the recent financial crisis, posting the biggest loss in Swiss corporate history.

The 52-page internal document advises staff in five pilot scheme branches on how to make a good impression with customers, bizarrely including underwear advice.

Men�s underwear �should be of good quality and easily washable, but still remain undetectable,� whatever that means.

Women are advised to wear flesh-coloured underwear and stockings, and are warned against too-tight underwear and shoes.

Women are also told that wearing make-up gives the impression of competence, and all staff are advised to avoid smelly foods and tobacco.

A spokesman from the bank said: �They are meant as recommendations and not as hard and fast rules.�

�It remains to be decided whether the guidelines will be extended to all 300 Swiss branches, depending on how they are received by staff in the five pilot branches.�

12-16-10 01:23 PM
    So... does that mean going commando is frowned upon?

Men�s underwear �should be of good quality and easily washable, but still remain undetectable,� whatever that means.
    That means they have to pull their pants up
    12-16-10 01:49 PM
    So... does that mean going commando is frowned upon?
    Well, that would be flesh colored... Let me check the rule book... flip, flip flip, fliiiiip... here it is:

"orders female staff to wear loose-fitting skirts and flesh-coloured underwear."

Therefore... commando=flesh-colored=allowed... We're golden!
    12-16-10 02:02 PM
    WTF?! "We just got bailed out, so we want to make ourselves look good. So, stop wearing color underwear!" Really?

This is one of those corporate rules that makes you wonder if the HR ever takes their heads out of their "dark places".

I understand the make up thing, but, underwear, seriously? I really want to know which incident prompted the new dress code.
    12-16-10 02:05 PM
    WTF?! "We just got bailed out, so we want to make ourselves look good. So, stop wearing color underwear!" Really?

This is one of those corporate rules that makes you wonder if the HR ever takes their heads out of their "dark places".

I understand the make up thing, but, underwear, seriously? I really want to know which incident prompted the new dress code.
    I was thinking more that it came from the CEO, not HR... and he (or worse, she ) would be performing the daily compliance inspections.
    12-16-10 02:07 PM
    Oh spank me!
    12-20-10 07:56 AM
    it's probably stemming from bad fashion sense...i mean, would you want to borrow money from someone wearing a white skirt with red panties? or worse yet, white slacks with his red thong whale-tail showing??
    12-20-10 08:03 AM
    it's probably stemming from bad fashion sense...i mean, would you want to borrow money from someone wearing a white skirt with red panties? or worse yet, white slacks with his red thong whale-tail showing??
    as long as it is pretty like this one

So does that mean the guys can wear colored underwear?

So does that mean i can wear a red banana hammock thong? as long as i am wearing black pants.
    12-20-10 08:55 AM
    as long as there is no pantyline i guess.....but thanks for the mental imagery *barf*
    12-20-10 09:29 AM
    as long as there is no pantyline i guess.....but thanks for the mental imagery *barf*
    i said nothing about panties....

they have to get theirs somewhere....
    Last edited by syb0rg; 12-20-10 at 09:52 AM.
    12-20-10 09:48 AM
    It spends the same no matter who it comes from, and if I borrow it for someone like that I can make fun of them for the rest of the day. In Utah that's about as much fun as you can legally have.
    12-20-10 09:49 AM
    There are a lot more things you can do in Utah semi-legally, that is not allowed in other states. just sayin'....
    12-20-10 09:56 AM
    There are a lot more things you can do in Utah semi-legally, that is not allowed in other states. just sayin'....
    You must be referring to running across the salt flats nekkid, waving a flag and carrying a six pak, along I-40.
    12-21-10 09:04 AM
    you mean she wasn't referring to having multiple wives??
    12-21-10 09:10 AM
    you mean she wasn't referring to having multiple wives??
    Dohhhhh! Now I know why that guy was running!
    12-21-10 09:24 AM
    Yup, too many women would do that to you.
    12-21-10 02:28 PM
    ONE woman will do that to you
    12-21-10 02:34 PM
    I'm think one woman can do that to you. It's just more fun with several.
    12-21-10 02:35 PM
    HAHAHA you beat me to it SCrib.
    12-21-10 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD