Hello all!I started a small car accessories business in Toronto a year before. I haven�t used any major marketing strategies till now. Well I�m considering direct mail marketing campaign using a company like Troimail in Canada
    I am a little confused but. Email marketing seems to be the less expensive option, but I am not sure which will have a better effect in improving my business. What % of response should I expect from my campaign. Any suggestions will be really helpful.
    08-20-15 02:17 AM
    In general, anything over 2% is great, I'd say.
    Anything under 0.5%, go and check what you're doing...

(it really depends on your offer, the info, price, what you say, etc. what kind of response your getting. Language is very important, changing ONE word can improve the results or mess them up completely by a double-digit share. No one could tell you what to expect, it's a trial-and-error thing.)

https://zapier.com/blog/customer-sup...uage-and-tone/

Have a look here. The link will redirect you to the article.

-----

Let's say you spend $1000 on a campaign, you sell $15,000 worth of stuff as a result from the campaign (you can track via vouchers or click-through on the email) with a profit margin of 40%, you'll make $6000 profit, minus $1000 for advertising leaves you with $5000 in pocket. You're "in the money".

Now, if your response rate was 2.5% and your conversions 0.8% , for the campaign to fail or cost you money, your response rate / conversions needs to drop below 0.5% or 0.16% respectively. (that's a very rough formula, without factoring in the cost of the campaign accurately, you'll work out your formula).

Hope that helps.

:-D

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    All the best with your efforts. God bless your business!

When doing email marketing :
    Make sure you're being helpful and present some tidbits of info like (in) a newsletter, and don't make it sound like you're going straight over to selling (flogging!) them stuff...

The 2015 customer doesn't want to be sold to, he kinda wants to be "informed"...

Hope that helps.
    :-)

08-20-15 12:20 PM

(it really depends on your offer, the info, price, what you say, etc. what kind of response your getting. Language is very important, changing ONE word can improve the results or mess them up completely by a double-digit share. No one could tell you what to expect, it's a trial-and-error thing.)

-----

Let's say you spend $1000 on a campaign, you sell $15,000 worth of stuff as a result from the campaign (you can track via vouchers or click-through on the email) with a profit margin of 40%, you'll make $6000 profit, minus $1000 for advertising leaves you with $5000 in pocket. You're "in the money".

Now, if your response rate was 2.5% and your conversions 0.8% , for the campaign to fail or cost you money, your response rate / conversions needs to drop below 0.5% or 0.16% respectively. (that's a very rough formula, without factoring in the cost of the campaign accurately, you'll work out your formula).

Hope that helps.

08-20-15 12:37 PM

-----

Hope that helps.

That article you linked to was quite informative! Thanks!

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-28-15 01:40 AM
    That article you linked to was quite informative! Thanks!

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    Most welcome! :-)

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    08-29-15 05:44 AM