View Poll Results: If you're a medical professional, what type of phone do you use?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry

3 75.00%
  • iPhone

1 25.00%
  • Windows Mobile

0 0%
  • Android

0 0%
  • Other (please list in thread)

0 0%
    Is there a doctor in the house?! ( Sorry, had to... )

You don't need to be a doctor or a medical professional to respond here though.

I work for a pharmaceutical ad agency (no, I'm not trying to sell you anything ). We do not do consumer advertising, but rather business to business (conventions, trade and medical journals, web, etc...)

I'm interested in what type of phone you use. I know I'm on Crackberry so I have a feeling many will say "duh, a Blackberry", but how about your colleagues? What do they use? Between an iPhone and a BlackBerry, which would you say is more prevalent? Also, what field are you in/what do you specialize in?

If you're not a doctor or medical professional, have you ever noticed what type of phone your doctor or nurse uses?

The reason I ask is, I have a few ideas floating around in my head and want to bring them up with my manager, but want to see if I have any ground to stand on (I'd mostly like some supporting data to back me up)

Thanks for your help

edit-
    sorry mods! I thought this was pretty general. I also forgot there was an Off Topic forum Thanks for moving though
    Last edited by greggov; 12-03-09 at 09:27 PM.
    12-03-09 09:10 PM
    Of the Doctors I have worked with and know, there are 4 iPhones, and 2 Black Berrys, those with iPhones are the younger doctors,

Apparently the iPhone has better medical software then the Blackberry, I see more nurses with BlackBerry's because the Pearl is so cheap to get it is almost the new razor.

My Paramedic freinds are mostly BlackBerry or WinMo users, Humber College in Ontario requires students have a touchscreen WinMo based device for class, BlackBerry's and iPhones are not compatitble with the class software.
    12-07-09 06:35 AM
    My mom is a pharmacist tech. She and all her co-workers use blackberrys. They find them more useful. In my opinion, iPhones have become a more teenage oriented phone. Hopefully blackberrys won't.
    12-07-09 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD