I can't be the only one on here that is an audio fanatic! As much as I wish I was an audiophile, I could never afford to be a true audiophile . But I do have a pretty decent music/movie setup

A/V:
    42" Panasonic Plasma, about two-ish years old
    Pioneer Elite Receiver VSX-56TXi
    Yamaha DVD/SACD Player DV-S5860
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7006 Bipolar Supertowers w/ 300W Powered Subs for L/R
    Definitive ProCenter 600 Center
    Definitive ProMonitor Surrounds
    Definitive ProSub 600 Powered 250W Subwoofer
    Cables:
    Mostly AudioQuest speaker wires and a hodge podge of video cables from Monster and AR

My TV is over my fireplace and all the wires are concealed and run to my stand off to the side of my fireplace. I'll have to get pics tonight.

Anyone else have a nice HT/Music setup???
    02-21-10 06:13 PM
    I guess I am the only one...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 10:19 AM
    The only thing about my crappy old sound system that's worth anything are the speakers.

I've got 2 Technic tower speakers, both with 2-10 in woofers, mid and tweeter. 2 rear surround Technic speakers (not sure of the sizes) and a Cerwin Vega center channel with 2 mids and 2 tweeters. All speakers running from a REALLY old Sony receiver with no sub hookup (so I'm not able to use the Cerwin Vega sub I've got but it's really not needed with those Technic towers with 2 subs each, they've got some very loud, deep bass) Speakers still sound awesome despite being approximately 10-15 yrs old.

If I could afford it, I would definitely be an audiophile as well. SQ is very important to me, even more so than an HD picture.
    02-22-10 10:36 AM
    Kenwood receiver circa 1979. Pioneer cassette deck CTF1250 circa 1980. Technics linear tracking turntable circa 1987ish. Bose speakers circa 1988ish. Sony CD player that's not used. Digital media is plugged in from a variety of sources (computers, iPods, etc.).
    02-22-10 10:41 AM
    I dunno the specs on half the stuff but it's good enough to shake stuff off the shelves upstairs

This setups in my bedroom.

Computer with $900 graphics card, hooked up to a 37" HDTV. PS3 and cable also hooked up to the tv. 2 Omage(Canadian built) speakers and a center channel. Omage 10" powered subwoofer. Yamaha receiver. Favourite thing is having the computer plugged into the stereo. Don't need to burn discs anymore
    02-22-10 02:12 PM
    I am an audio fanatic! Both home and more so my cars.

Home-living room
    52" Sony Bravia XBR5
    Denon receiver
    Panasonic stand alone blu-ray and PS3
    Polk tower,center and book shelf speakers and Definitive Technology surround sound speakers along with 10" sub.
    All monster cable wiring throughout.

Bedroom
    El cheapo Westinghouse 37" LCD that I actually love!
    HTITB Philips surround sound that does the job.
    Xbox 360 and ole PS2 in there with a cheap Toshiba upscale DvD player.

Car
    JVC Arsenal 8500 CD player with Sirius and iPod nano.
    All Pioneer Premier components in front doors and coaxials in rear doors.
    2 10" Pioneer Premier 2500 Spl subs 800 RMS each.
    Custom built kerfed ported box.
    400 RMS Clarion amp to all the high end speakers.
    1800RMS HiFonics Brutus amp that can do over 3K but running 2-ohm for the 1800 on the subs. Close to 1000sqft of fatmat and SecondSkin deadener.
    2 Dry cell batteries in an Optima redtop up front and a Powermaster in the back.
    All 0/1gKnuKonceptz wire ran throughout.
    Best db score in this current install is 146.1 on the term-lab. Not to shabby for two tens.

Now my other cars..... I be here all day as I am on my phone and getting tired, lol!

02-23-10 03:15 AM
    Home. - denon 5.1 surround receiver
    - I pod remote home dock connected to receiver
    - panasonic blue ray dvd
    - yamaha 3 head tape deck ( for nostalgia )
    - sylvania 37in. Lcd Hdtv
    - polk audio 3 speaker center channel speaker
    - yamaha front speakers (250 watts 2 super horn tweeters 1 horn mid and 10in. bass per speaker)
    - bose rear speakers 501's
    - boston acoustic 12in. sub 300 watts
    - monster wire and all is hidden in base board

Car
    - alpine head unit with ipod connected and operated through head unit
    - alpine front and rear speakers ( separate tweeters up front and tri axe in rear )
    - kicker comp 10in. sub in hooker ported box
    - kicker amp
    Perfect combo in my honda civic

Last edited by ginzel62; 02-23-10 at 04:54 AM.
    02-23-10 03:40 AM
    I am an audio fanatic! Both home and more so my cars.

Home-living room
    52" Sony Bravia XBR5
    Denon receiver
    Panasonic stand alone blu-ray and PS3
    Polk tower,center and book shelf speakers and Definitive Technology surround sound speakers along with 10" sub.
    All monster cable wiring throughout.

Bedroom
    El cheapo Westinghouse 37" LCD that I actually love!
    HTITB Philips surround sound that does the job.
    Xbox 360 and ole PS2 in there with a cheap Toshiba upscale DvD player.

Car
    JVC Arsenal 8500 CD player with Sirius and iPod nano.
    All Pioneer Premier components in front doors and coaxials in rear doors.
    2 10" Pioneer Premier 2500 Spl subs 800 RMS each.
    Custom built kerfed ported box.
    400 RMS Clarion amp to all the high end speakers.
    1800RMS HiFonics Brutus amp that can do over 3K but running 2-ohm for the 1800 on the subs. Close to 1000sqft of fatmat and SecondSkin deadener.
    2 Dry cell batteries in an Optima redtop up front and a Powermaster in the back.
    All 0/1gKnuKonceptz wire ran throughout.
    Best db score in this current install is 146.1 on the term-lab. Not to shabby for two tens.

Now my other cars..... I be here all day as I am on my phone and getting tired, lol!

Very Nice! My car is running All Alpine except my old Boston Acoustic from Components that need to be replaced. Alpine CDA series deck, dont remember the full model number. Alpine MRP-F450 Mono and MRA-F250 four channel. I only run front speakers, so the 4-ch is bridged. Alpine Type-R 10" in a sealed enclosure, I wanna say 1.7 cu/ft. Per Alpine, it should be 1.65 so I'm damn close.

I could be totally off on my model #'s. It's a nice setup, nothing super high end but it sounds great to me
    02-25-10 11:22 AM
    I can't be the only one on here that is an audio fanatic! As much as I wish I was an audiophile, I could never afford to be a true audiophile . But I do have a pretty decent music/movie setup

A/V:
    42" Panasonic Plasma, about two-ish years old
    Pioneer Elite Receiver VSX-56TXi
    Yamaha DVD/SACD Player DV-S5860
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7006 Bipolar Supertowers w/ 300W Powered Subs for L/R
    Definitive ProCenter 600 Center
    Definitive ProMonitor Surrounds
    Definitive ProSub 600 Powered 250W Subwoofer
    Cables:
    Mostly AudioQuest speaker wires and a hodge podge of video cables from Monster and AR

My TV is over my fireplace and all the wires are concealed and run to my stand off to the side of my fireplace. I'll have to get pics tonight.

Anyone else have a nice HT/Music setup???
    I have Def Techs too....

Vizio 37" 720p LCD
    Yamaha RXV-795 Receiver
    Average Prog Scan DVD Player
    TiVo HD w/500gb My DVR Expander
    Def Tech Pro Mon 100 Mains
    Def Tech Center/Surrounds - forget the model but on par with the Promon 100s
    Def Tech PF15TL Sub (350w for a very small room....very nice!)
    02-25-10 01:00 PM
    My car is near perfect in my book JVC head unit, and Fusion 2: 4" 3ways in the dash board 6" 3ways in the front doors, 6" 3ways with additional stand alone 1.5" twitters in the back door, 6x9 4 ways in the back deck, and one 12" woofer drove by a 600watt amp...

nice clean sound with my car running from 30yrds away.... no cans rattling in the trunk to boot.
    02-25-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD