Why is it "popular" to have a separate phone for business and for personal use? I just hear a lot of people saying "I have a blackberry for work, but an android, iphone, etc. for personal use".

Doesn't the blackberry service cost gets covered by the job, since it's for business. And wouldn't that android/iphone not be covered?

Or are people just cool with having two phones, one that they have to pay for and one that they do?
    11-13-10 10:29 AM
    i have two blackberrys, one for work, one for personal. Main reason is, because my work can access any information on my work berry, even BBM messages. Most corporations would not use andriod/iphones for their employees. Blackberrys make good business phones.
    11-13-10 10:40 AM
    Also, your work might limit the number of calls/sms you can use, and you might need a second one.
    I'd want two lines like that because honestly, when I got off work (back when I had a job :P) I was off work. I wasn't going to answer calls/emails/etc. on the time I plan on devoting to family and hobbies. So if I had a work phone I'd turn it off when I got home. But of course you still want people to be able to contact you, so you need a personal line.
    If on the other hand I wouldn't get work calls when I wasn't at work, I'd only have one line cuz I'm cheap like that
    11-13-10 01:20 PM
    If the company uses BES, they can log just about everything done on the BB. I would never, ever do anything personal on a BES device just like I don't on their PC's...
    11-13-10 08:55 PM
    i am working overseas so i need a phone for the country i work for and another one for roaming line to my home country..and another one as spare,just in case something happen to either phone..(coz in my work it is considered irresponsible to miss a call from office)
    11-16-10 01:34 PM
    It's the difference between the company giving you what they want you to have, vs. owing the phone that you want to own.

There is a difference.
    11-16-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD