- CrackBerry User
- 42 Posts
Building a Custom PC, around 1700 dollar budget. Is this good?
I can get an AMD Radeon 6990 Graphics card for under 400 dollars (final price not settled). Is it worth it? The 6990 is currently the best card on the market. And I would like it.
- 11-14-2012, 06:30 PM #2
That's a great graphics card. a couple of thing you need to consider before getting it.
1) What are you going to use the PC for? Do you need a graphics card that is that fast?
2) Can the GPU handle a card like that? the Radeon 6990 will put a lot of stress on the GPU.
- 11-14-2012, 06:45 PM #3
After a quick search there are a lot of people saying it is a very noisy card, so be prepared for that as well if you decide to go that way.
- 11-14-2012, 10:26 PM #5
Yes, I meant the CPU. That card is a duel GPU (very nice). It will draw a lot of power during extreme heavy use. Make sure you have a good processor. And a good fan to keep things cool.
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-17-2012, 01:24 AM #6
- 293 Posts
^ and a good power supply..
i'm pricing out a video editing workstation, and will probably want to spend around $1700 (more in the $1000-1500 range) what are the other components that you're using?
- By donnie_doomsday_3 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900 ThemesReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2010, 12:38 PM
- By Turbo_Boss in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 08-12-2010, 08:26 PM
- By elrol in forum Theme Developers CornerReplies: 3Last Post: 06-28-2009, 09:43 PM
- By elrol in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 2Last Post: 06-28-2009, 06:26 PM
- By elrol in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900 ThemesReplies: 2Last Post: 06-28-2009, 06:26 PM