I'm currently going through a process of weeding out Google; long story, they are too nosy
    In doing so, I need to also get away from Google Chrome. But, seriously, Google have the services and options for that application working just right, no? Built-in spell checker, built-in option to sync with other devices, etc. Plug-ins, and the list goes on, and on...

Seriously, it has taken Internet Explorer till version 10 just to get a spell check feature/option. Let's not add, Internet Explorer doesn't give you an option to sync with other devices, etc. Albeit, you can use the iCloud Control Panel sync option. Then I have to ask myself, what about non-Apple devices? Well? See...

All that to say/ask, what options does one have for a decent browser for browsing the internet these days OTHER than Google Chrome?
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    01-20-14 08:07 PM
    Firefox and Opera, but since most of their funding actually comes from Google...

I gave up and just kept using Chrome.
    01-20-14 08:12 PM
    I'm wondering if one is not signed into Google Chrome, do Google thus not have as much 'data' to review and provide one with advertising?

Firefox and Opera, but since most of their funding actually comes from Google...

I gave up and just kept using Chrome.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    01-20-14 08:16 PM
    I'm wondering if one is not signed into Google Chrome, do Google thus not have as much 'data' to review and provide one with advertising?
    I'd assume they have all the same data, they just can't attribute it to you as easily.
    01-20-14 08:24 PM
    I think SRWare Iron is probably your closest bet:

SRWare Iron - The Browser of the Future
    01-20-14 08:25 PM
    I think SRWare Iron is probably your closest bet:

SRWare Iron - The Browser of the Future
    I've never heard of that one, how does it run? Is it webkit based?
    01-20-14 08:38 PM
    I've got the same impression of Google. I use Firefox whenever I can; but really, I think it matters more what sites you visit than what browser you visit them with. They collect all kinds of info for 'analytics', no matter what browser you're on. Chrome I would guess just makes it a bit easier. No matter how many new versions they come up with, IE is still crap. Not overly impressed with Safari on my Mac, either.
    01-20-14 10:29 PM
    I've never heard of that one, how does it run? Is it webkit based?
    *dunno* Check the site. It looks like Chrome, De-Googlized. I couldn't live without Google Chrome's cloud printing to use it as a daily driver.
    01-20-14 11:09 PM
    Swreiron looks great, I was looking for something else, I'll see if it's as fast as chrome

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/7-web-b...hrome-firefox/

Here's something , it actually says if you want chromes speed without Google, swreiron is it

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    01-20-14 11:19 PM