I wouldn't ask you to do anything you didn't want to do. To suggest I am stupid seems extreme as does suggesting a boycott is immaturte and old fashioned. Aren't you the guy who thought 886 of every 1000 phones sold was an android phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hahahahaha he is that guy lol, no one will forget that classic crackberry moment

08-13-10 08:28 AM
    What does "google and verizon are proving its needed in todays marketshare" mean mjneid?

08-13-10 08:31 AM
    +1000 brandon. I thought he was and to top it off I think he just called me stupid.

08-13-10 08:32 AM
    What does "google and verizon are proving its needed in todays marketshare" mean mjneid?

If Google and Verzion get what they want.

the internet will not be on a "same speed for same price" policy anymore. And Google, Yahoo, Time Warner Cable, Comcast, and who ever else supplies the internet will be able to pick winners and loser of broad Band speeds.

We will still have the internet, there are to many corporate firms that rely on the internet, for communications, for file sharing, not to mention what ever they want.

the FCC and the Court systems have ruled in the past that this simply cannot happen. It's discriminatory against people based on their choice of supplier. It doesn't aline with the idea of a Free Market trade, it demotes the idea of competition. That i should get better service just based on the choice that i make. If by chance i'm locked into a 2 year contract with ATT/T-Mobile or Sprint and all of sudden my speeds via Google get throttle back just because Google and Verzion work together to get a Non-Neutral Networking system approved i'd be ticked off, and you better believe that a class action law suit against the FCC would soon follow.

The reason we are seeing increased speeds via t-mobile, Sprint, ATT, and Verzion growing via technology change is the idea that i get to choose the supplier that has put the most effort into their system to make it faster for me as an end consumer and not have it throttled or controlled by any government or outside forces

Not having my supplier pick my speed because Google and Verzion have teamed up.... it just goes against what our competitive market was built on.

and i didn't call "you" stupid.

I'm just sick of seeing all of the "ban google" "boycott google" people are playing Chicken Little w/o looking down the road to see what this really means.

i am however not a fan that this might bring on a FCC controlled Internet to make sure everything is a level playing ground.
    Last edited by mjneid; 08-13-10 at 09:02 AM.
    08-13-10 08:55 AM
    If Google and Verzion get what they want.

i am however not a fan that this might bring on a FCC controlled Internet to make sure everything is a level playing ground.
    the government can't control ITSELF, much less anything else. They can't even figure out when NOT to deregulate an industry. Think back to the Ma Bell breakup and deregulation of our utilities.

have I mentioned I hate PG&E? Two days ago, those clowns sent a 3rd party tech around my neighborhood to install the "smartmeters". I spoke with the guy and asked that he have PG&E delay my installation. That's an option now, but I forget how long the delay is good for.
    08-13-10 09:47 AM
    You win my award for the most random "comeback" of the day. where shall I send your plaque?
    Get your own link. Good luck with your head in the sand approach. I said it, you live with it. If you don't care then enjoy your new internet.
    +1 to Dave =D

and "get your own link"? seriously? wow u need to stop being a ****...I think u also need a plaque for "most childish"
    08-13-10 10:25 AM
    F Google.

But I do use gmaps a lot haha.
    08-13-10 10:39 AM
    Go ahead and use Bing, it's using Google so no real difference there.
    08-13-10 12:01 PM
    That sucks Radius. Really? And yeah priyab do your own research I'm not a link fetcher. There are literally hundreds of links on this if not thousands. I agree Pi Guy, its almost impossible to not use them. Mjneid, thanks for the thorough explanation of where you were coming from. I still think its good to try to not use the products of a company whose tactics or behavior you disagree with but to each his own. That completes the round up.

08-13-10 12:15 PM
    That sucks Radius. Really? And yeah priyab do your own research I'm not a link fetcher. There are literally hundreds of links on this if not thousands. I agree Pi Guy, its almost impossible to not use them. Mjneid, thanks for the thorough explanation of where you were coming from. I still think its good to try to not use the products of a company whose tactics or behavior you disagree with but to each his own. That completes the round up.

No problem, but with Google and Android on such a high roll right now, i don't see it slowing and with me using an Android phone. I'm pretty much locked into google unless i remove the Google Applications then i have no market or anything.
    08-13-10 01:18 PM

Well what I mean is Bing uses the Google page ranking system as Microsoft admitted defeat in that particular aspect. They just couldn't come up with something that could compete which is why in the early days Bing returned some of the most useless results imaginable.
    08-13-10 02:11 PM
    I love google
    08-16-10 12:00 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD