Well I was driving yesterday and I passed a moped place in town and I saw this nice looking moped in the front. I went to go take a look at them and I ended up buying one right then and there. They get 100 miles to the gallon and the one I bought has a speed kit on it so it will reach 45mph. I pick it up Monday and I can't wait. I travel about a half hour to work everyday and with gas prices so high I figured this could be my transportation for the weekends and weeknights so I don't have to use my car. Once I pick it up I will post some pics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 09:52 AM
    Good for you .
    06-08-08 10:56 AM
    thats a good way to beat the gas prices. and a fun way to get around town. good job!
    06-08-08 12:16 PM
    I saw a guy on the freeway the other day riding a moped/scooter doing 70mph. Not sure what brand it was, but I could tell the guy on the Harley next to him was impressed. I know I was

06-08-08 12:35 PM
    Awesome! Let us know how it is because that may be my next step. Grrr@gas prices

06-08-08 04:19 PM
    We may all be riding one soon, if gas prices get much higher!
    06-08-08 04:22 PM
    No doubt, by the end of summer.
    06-08-08 06:58 PM
    Yeah gas is supposed to get up to $6 a gallon. That is rediculous. I want to see if I can do anything else to get the speed up so I can possibly get on the highway with the thing.

06-08-08 09:18 PM
    i agree!

100 miles per gallon is great
    06-09-08 12:35 AM
    i agree!

100 miles per gallon is great

100 miles per gallon is not great, its the NEXT best thing next to my Berry..

Ok its a far second but still............lol
    06-09-08 12:39 AM
    that would be so fun all little mopeds on the road!! I rented a moped once with friends to drive around the beach and i crashed...OOPS...i think im blacklisted!! haha

But good luck, need to downgrade myself, i'm inching towards a mini cooper
    06-09-08 12:40 AM
    Well I was driving yesterday and I passed a moped place in town and I saw this nice looking moped in the front. I went to go take a look at them and I ended up buying one right then and there. They get 100 miles to the gallon and the one I bought has a speed kit on it so it will reach 45mph. I pick it up Monday and I can't wait. I travel about a half hour to work everyday and with gas prices so high I figured this could be my transportation for the weekends and weeknights so I don't have to use my car. Once I pick it up I will post some pics.

Yeah, let's see your pics! I think scooters are cool. Haven't seen a moped since the 70's though!

Suzuki and other's have 400cc scooters(and more) that will do 100mph and still get over 50mpg.
    06-09-08 01:25 AM
    Yeah that's the thing though. You don't have to register mopeds if they are under 50cc no matter how fast they go.

06-09-08 01:27 AM
    Good point. 50cc would be handy for city driving. The city I live in is really spread out. More like a big, small town. I need to be able to do freeway speeds. Actually thinking about getting one. Not only for the gas savings, but because they are fun!
    06-09-08 01:38 AM
    Exactly. I should have a blast on the thing and it seems expensive at the time but in the long run it'll save me money.

06-09-08 08:00 AM
    I can't ride a moped wearing a suit. I'm happy with the gas mileage my Tahoe gets

06-09-08 08:26 AM
    Well I got my moped today and I'm actually out riding right now. I will post some pics when I get home but this thing is awesome.

06-09-08 08:36 PM
    I enjoyed reading your choose.
    06-09-08 09:33 PM
    Well I got my moped today and I'm actually out riding right now. I will post some pics when I get home but this thing is awesome.

We want pictures! Well, at least I do!
    06-12-08 04:36 AM
    FORTY-FIVE?! DUUUUDE!!!!!

Just kidding. I like the old Vespas and Lambrettas.
    06-12-08 01:44 PM
    i want a pink vespa lol
    06-12-08 02:34 PM
    Here in Richmond mopeds are all over the place. There a moped gangs which isnt very scary but its pretty funny. It makes sense to have one in a smaller city like Richmond. They are also pretty easy to troubleshoot . I commend you on your choice of transportation. haha
    06-12-08 11:06 PM
    Curious, when everyone says moped, do you really mean scooter? Mopeds have pedals and I don't think they go over 25 or 30mph.

06-12-08 11:13 PM
    nice post up pics when u can, my girl just got a vespa lx150 but shes getting it custom painted seafoam green right now, im def gonna be downgrading cars, and i might have to steal her vespa
    06-13-08 04:28 AM
    I was so pissed tonight because I come home tonight excited to get out and ride because of the nice weather and as soon as I got home I smelt gas. I had filled the tank the night before and all the gas had leaked out. I was furious. I couldn't ride it that much this week because of work and I was looking forward to the weekend and now I can't ride it. I called the place but they were closed and I left him a nice little message. It hasn't even been one week and I already have to bring it back to get fixed. How should I go about this, and is there anything I might be able to get out of this mishap? I have to wake up nice and early on my day off so I'm going to be very grumpy in the morning.

06-14-08 01:33 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD