So my wife and I have been thinking about taking our 12yo daughter to a Country concert this Spring/summer at gillette (either Taylor Swift on June 5 or one of the big festivals that are usually there).

From a planning/timing perspective, when accounting for traffic, we will likely have to put our dog in the kennel to be safe, and I did have parking questions.

I haven't been to Gillette ever, except if you count concerts back in the older stadium.

My memories remind me of he!! getting out of there.

What are your thoughts on the best parking strategies these days?

I seem to remember the following as an "ok" strategy:

- 95S to the exits past the stadium.
    - Local roads over to Rte 1.
    - Approach the stadium from Rte 1 north.
    - Attempt (without pissing off the cops) to cross traffic and park in a southbound side lot across the street from the stadium

We could go home (to Newburyport) either on 95 or 495 (which would be longer distance wise) so going south afterwards gives us more flexibility for routes.

Would this still be one of the better ways to handle things?

Thanks ahead of time................
    11-18-09 09:45 AM
    I was just at Gillette the other weekend for the Pats game. There is parking across from the stadium and route 1. Parking there is 40 bucks and it's not bad, but traffic getting out is atrocious. You could pay to park farther away from the stadium (some restaurants let you park at their establishment for a fee) and walk, but traffic on route 1 around that area is bad no matter where you park. Long story short...parking across route 1 from the stadium is good, but be prepared to wait in traffic when you leave. The traffic seems to be less heavy if you leave and head down route 1 south toward 495. Hope that helps!
    11-18-09 10:14 PM
    That's what I was thinking. I would go South, as that gives me options to head to eiter 495 or 95. Plus, it is easier to head South if you are on the far side....no need to cross traffic. Granted, I may tick off a cop trying to cross traffic on my way in, but maybe it's not that bad if you are there a few hours ahead of an event.

I just wish Kraft would suck it up and pay the state to have a flyover built direct to the stadium from 95. That would be golden.
    11-19-09 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD