10-22-08 12:26 AM
    I've met some of the guys over at ITT security, where my wife works, and they are studs, Vinnie. All of them are ex Marine or Special Forces. I trust my wife to them when she's in the Middle East -- they provide her body guards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 03:14 AM
    I applied for a job with blackwater immediately after I got out. I recieved an email and a phone call and haven't responded back yet. IDK what to do...
    10-22-08 12:53 PM
    vinnie do you think fighting for your country was what you were born to do? I was wondering what made you take the plunge and join the military? Cause me for example, cant see myself putting myself in harms way for some1 else. I was just wondering what the thought process behind that was
    10-22-08 12:59 PM
    Go easy on him Vinnie! Semper Fi!!
    10-22-08 01:01 PM
    Well prince, I wouldn't fight for my country either if I was in canada...

On the other hand, I grew up in athletics and a military family. My father was one of the original green berets that served in vietnam, my uncle was a member of DEVGRU(navy seals), my brother(rip) was airborne then ranger, it was a pretty logical step for me to go to the marines and then become a special forces operator...
    10-22-08 01:08 PM
    Hey man i would lay my life down for canada just not in the military. So you did it cause your dad and uncle were military men? And by the way im going to be a doctor so thats how im going to fill my societal duty
    10-22-08 01:11 PM
    Prince I joined for several reasons. Where else can I jump out of a plane, glide thirty miles, ruck for twenty, shoot a few people, and not get in trouble?
    10-22-08 01:16 PM
    Call of Duty 4 and or Gears of War. Im just interested in the mindset of such a selfless act. Dont get me wrong i have immense respect for people who can do that. Im always wondering what the mindset behind it is? Its like the movie Lions for Lambs i want to get your perspective thats all
    10-22-08 01:20 PM
    Prince I joined for several reasons. Where else can I jump out of a plane, glide thirty miles, ruck for twenty, shoot a few people, and not get in trouble?
    WoooHooo! HaHaHaH!! I Love it!
    10-22-08 01:20 PM
    Also, not all of us join because of family. Just because my Father and Brothers joined doesn't mean I had to. I did it for the love of my country. As trivial as that may sound, I have a deep-rooted love for the foundations that this country was formed on. Now with that being said, not all country-loving flag waivers need to join the military. I saw it as a privilege to do my duty.

And to compare that to call of duty�it�s no video game friend. My (Vinnie�s and many others) brothers are not going to regenerate.
    10-22-08 01:29 PM
    Haha, I regenerated, it just took a few hours on the first one, and a few weeks on the second one...

10-22-08 01:33 PM
    Call of Duty 4 and or Gears of War. Im just interested in the mindset of such a selfless act. Dont get me wrong i have immense respect for people who can do that. Im always wondering what the mindset behind it is? Its like the movie Lions for Lambs i want to get your perspective thats all
    How old are you? Yes, age does matter with this situation. How many �life lessons� have you had? How many children have you seen suffer? Have you been part of something that is selfless?

You see, it�s hard for young people to understand the full story behind life�s issues watching CNN or Fox News (or their teachers).

Then again, you could be some 40-year-old living in his mom�s basement with nothing better to do than to start drama�
    10-22-08 01:35 PM
    im a political refugee seen suffering first hand so its hard for me to think of harming some1 else
    10-22-08 01:44 PM
    Vinnie-

Just wondering, I know a number of the old SF types (pre-Vietnam and Vietnam) - back in the day it was a pretty tight group, bet I know some of the folks your dad rubbed elbows with.

hit my up on BBM sometime
    10-22-08 01:45 PM
    There's more to what can be achieved in America and the rest of the world; aside from talk of weapons, carnage, things that go bang, killing, semper fi.

This goes along the lines of how when someone brings up the notion that perhaps it's better to approach some things from a different angle/perspective compared to what we've been accustomed to...that the person becomes unpatriotic, un-American, turns into a 40-year old living in their mother's basement all of a sudden.

What a neanderthal way of thinking.
    10-22-08 01:52 PM
    HEY!!!

I love my mom's basement!!
    10-22-08 01:54 PM
    im a political refugee seen suffering first hand so its hard for me to think of harming some1 else
    ...that would lay down his life for Canada?

Anyway, sorry about that Vinnie. Didn't mean to get off the original topic.
    10-22-08 01:54 PM
    HEY!!!

I love my mom's basement!!
    HAHA!! We don't have basements here in Florida...well they're called swimming pools.
    10-22-08 01:55 PM
    ...What a neanderthal way of thinking.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 10-22-08 at 02:01 PM.
    10-22-08 01:58 PM
    naw canada adopted me and thats why im going to give my life to serve this country. And i was just wondering what goes on in the mind of some who serves what drives them to serve. Vinnie got out now he wants to go back in and that intrigues me and i wanna know why thats all. HI def gets my question i hope
    10-22-08 02:09 PM
    You know, that's one thing about these forums. Ya get *****'s like me trying to answer questions that wasn't understood.

After I re-read your question (and calmed down) I see what you're getting at.

To you - I appologize
    10-22-08 02:16 PM
    okay answer plz you served too im assuming so answer plz
    Last edited by prince_1308; 10-22-08 at 02:26 PM.
    10-22-08 02:20 PM
    To prince, the same could be asked of your future profession, I would never want to be a doctor. I loved what I did, I left for reasons that will go untold, but I definitely still have that itch. I feel naked without a firearm...

10-22-08 02:21 PM
    i guess this is a sit down issue
    10-22-08 02:29 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD