I'm certainly not bored with my BlackBerry. How could one be bored with a versatile communication tool, especially one that performs like a well-oiled machine? But there's a communication tool which can outlast any phone, any computer, and any car. Read about it here:

The Fountain Pen Network

Today, there are cheap ones, and there are expensive ones, but back in their golden age, their importance was equivalent to that of our smart phones. Thus, their cost was proportional to the cost of our smart phones today. Any one of us could probably bear the expense, but just like with our smart phones, we wouldn't be thrilled about loss or breakage. For that reason, skilled repair people were readily available at most dealers.

Anyway, check'em out. You might want to put a nice, non-disposable communication tool -- a "BlackBerry" of yesteryear which still works today! -- on your bureau next to your BlackBerry when you sleep at night ... and in your pocket when you leave for the day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by T�nis; 05-19-10 at 05:05 PM.
    05-19-10 05:01 PM
    I'm on WAP so can't click the link. Sounds like a vibrator. Am I close?

05-19-10 05:03 PM
    I'm on WAP so can't click the link. Sounds like a vibrator. Am I close?

I fixed the link. Let's just say it gives a bit of tactile pleasure.
    05-19-10 05:07 PM
    Hmm...my next guess was going to be a Zack Morris phone. Looks like I failed all the way around.

05-19-10 05:09 PM
    I carry a Montblanc fountain pen... Does that count?
    05-19-10 05:13 PM
    I carry a Montblanc fountain pen... Does that count?
    It certainly does! That could be like the Bold 9700 series Bb ...

05-19-10 05:18 PM
    Easily the best pen I've ever written with. So smooth and crisp.
    05-19-10 05:22 PM
    Parker fanboi here. Every tax season I splurge on a new one and refuse to let anyone to touch it.

I'm actually quite OCD about it.

05-19-10 05:22 PM
    I don't have a Montblanc, but it's on my wish-list. I do have a 1945 Parker Vac. And yes, an fp (like a properly password-protected BB) is kind of a personal item. I wouldn't hand it over to someone who has never used one. At least not without the 5-minute lesson ... or it will probably come back to you destroyed!

05-19-10 05:30 PM
    Do you each have haute couture pocket protectors? I'm a BIC fan *shrug*

05-19-10 05:31 PM
    Do you each have haute couture pocket protectors? I'm a BIC fan *shrug*

Montblanc makes cases. As with BlackBerries some prefer holsters, others not ...

05-19-10 05:34 PM
    I don't, but (like Prod) I don't let anyone else touch it. I have the Meisterstuck 149 with black resin and gold. The gold has a few scratches, but that's just because I keep it in my pocket all the time. The resin is pretty durable.
    05-19-10 05:37 PM
    Some simply collect them, S7ar Scr3am, but you actually use your pen. I'm the same way. I have a few nice modern ones: Aurora Talentum, Visconti Van Gogh, and S.T. Dupont Ellipsis. Unlike your 149, they are all cartridge/convertor pens. I use them all the time, and they have a few minor battle scars.

And Mavis I could see you with a nice Montblanc in your hand, too!

05-19-10 05:44 PM
    My 9700 cost a lot less then a MB

05-19-10 06:09 PM
    Some simply collect them, S7ar Scr3am, but you actually use your pen. I'm the same way. I have a few nice modern ones: Aurora Talentum, Visconti Van Gogh, and S.T. Dupont Ellipsis. Unlike your 149, they are all cartridge/convertor pens. I use them all the time, and they have a few minor battle scars.

And Mavis I could see you with a nice Montblanc in your hand, too!

Wow, those are names for pens?? They sound like rare British collector cars or members of some old money family. I'm sure they're pretty. I'd be inclined to touch them though.
    None of you guys with your fancy pens would let me touch yours? Just to be able to say I've held a fancy pen? They MUST be nice.

*glares at my Sharpie*

then again, can Mr. S.T. Dupont Ellis fix a scuff on your boot ina pinch or draw a perfect, water resistant high-arched cholo-style eyebrow?? I think not...
    Last edited by Mavis Fesselmeyer; 05-19-10 at 08:21 PM.
    05-19-10 08:04 PM
    That sounds like a challenge.

Or maybe I'm just trashed.

05-20-10 01:25 AM
    Could be both, Prod.

05-20-10 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD