Why wouldn't she just buy an iPhone? A touch screen is clearly not a problem.
    It's the touchscreen she hates, which I found out when the iPhone4 was released last year - I suggested that to her and she said she wanted real keys again. She adores her Mac Pro and Book, so that spoke volumes to me. She almost broke down when the battery just up and dropped out of her laptop.

Side note, upon showing her my 9930 she said she just wanted a basic phone again. She's 3 months past upgrade and has yet to get anything.
    10-25-11 04:55 PM
    I see PCs as frustrating time wasters and Macs as computers which just work.

I paid for my Apple Mac using the money I earn developing Windows software.
    I see Windows as one big security hole but a necessary evil due to some software not being available for linux. I can't justify buying a Mac since I don't do anything that would require me to use one. "Require" in the context of doing something that can't be done with a different OS. Have I used one? Yes, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Like borrowing your neighbor's Mercedes.
    10-25-11 05:05 PM
    Win XP Pro 32, soon to be Win 7 Pro. Gonna load up the new hard drive with 7, and take it from there.
    10-25-11 06:25 PM
    I see Windows as one big security hole but a necessary evil due to some software not being available for linux. I can't justify buying a Mac since I don't do anything that would require me to use one. "Require" in the context of doing something that can't be done with a different OS. Have I used one? Yes, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Like borrowing your neighbor's Mercedes.
    I value my time enough to buy a Mac (they aren't always more expensive anyway). I spend my working days dealing with Microsoft's garbage. I don't need to at home as well and frankly I don't have the time.

Since I refuse to use Windows at home, the Mac is my only option. Linux doesn't have the apps and would probably also be a bit of a time sink.
    10-25-11 07:56 PM
    Windows, but soon to be within a VM on Linux. Linux is used for everything else now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 11:19 AM
    Windows, but soon to be within a VM on Linux. Linux is used for everything else now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Macs do not run Linux at their core. Mac OS X is essentially BSD Unix with a MACH microkernal and Next Step derived Objective C frameworks.

The great thing about OS X is it has enough off the shelf software that most people don't need to run Windoze in a VM.

Aside from shipping with all the same Unix stuff linux does and all the Apple iLife apps, you can buy MS Office, the Adobe Creative Suite and Apple's Final Cut & Aperture. That covers most things you would want to do with a home computer. Some Mac users run Windows in a VM for Quicken but there are native Mac alternatives or even Mint.
    10-26-11 02:10 PM
106 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD