Ahhh, just a dream I had..wish it was reality! Found my mint condition unlocked storm 2 and wondered.."what would a storm 2 be w/ BlackBerry 10"??

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    01-12-15 01:39 PM
    Same as it always was.

A disaster.

01-12-15 01:41 PM
    Same as it always was.

A disaster.

Lmao! Hey, I kinda liked mine! I mainly just like the design of the tough screen w/ the buttons underneath. My main issue I had was it was a verizon unlocked phone trying to use it on TMobile and it was horrible keeping the service packs in the phone for sms/mms! Every reboot(which was often lol) I had to call tmobile for the service packs to be sent..pain in the a..!

neoberry99 likes this.
    01-12-15 01:46 PM
    At least you had the STORM 2.....

I didn't mind the buttons on the bottom, but SUREPRESS was a huge pain on an all touch device.
    01-12-15 01:50 PM
    Lmao! Hey, I kinda liked mine!
    No doubt.. many people did. Some people swore by it but at the same time, it's also responsible for a LOT of people leaving BlackBerry have felt 'burned' by the device. It was a bad device at the time Android was on the rise and a lot of people switched to that and never looked back. I still remember people getting fed up and bailing.
    Blacklatino and Maxxxpower like this.
    01-12-15 01:51 PM
    No doubt.. many people did. Some people swore by it but at the same time, it's also responsible for a LOT of people leaving BlackBerry have felt 'burned' by the device. It was a bad device at the time Android was on the rise and a lot of people switched to that and never looked back. I still remember people getting fed up and bailing.
    My next phone after the storm 2 was the 9900 so I was all good, no need to switch to the darkside!

01-12-15 02:56 PM
    That's what I did with my storm 1. Put the axe in it and moved out till first Z came out

From Classic
    01-12-15 04:51 PM
    I remember not liking the Storm back then, it was the only BlackBerry I didn't like (not a fan of the first Torch either) but I didn't know it was as badly received. Then again, it makes sense why. Consumers weren't going to hang around.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 07:59 PM
    I had the 9800 to 9630, 9630,9630,9630,9630, 9850 and now Z10. Guess which one gave me the most problems. My wife had the 9550. She now has an iPhone

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:45 PM
    I remember taping a dime to the back of the battery to make the surepress click more "crisp" and easy.

Yet, I still kept it for well over the two year contract period. Much more than I can say about the Z10 or even the Z30... lol

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 09:01 PM
    Don't disrespect BB10 like that

lol
    01-13-15 04:00 PM
    IMHO I thought that surepress v2 was perfect had the os been built for touch devices I think the idea could have made it.

Storm 2 best/worst virtual keyboard all at once.

In Squircle I Trust
    leglace1 likes this.
    01-13-15 06:36 PM
    IMHO I thought that surepress v2 was perfect had the os been built for touch devices I think the idea could have made it.

Storm 2 best/worst virtual keyboard all at once.

In Squircle I Trust
    I really like the idea of feedback on a touch device... but in the S1 is just didn't work right. I imagine the trend for thinner devices is a reason it didn't survive . But then I didn't have an S2 and never experience the improvements...

It would have been interesting to see BB10 on that type of device... with much improved internals.
    01-14-15 09:41 AM
    I really like the idea of feedback on a touch device... but in the S1 is just didn't work right. I imagine the trend for thinner devices is a reason it didn't survive . But then I didn't have an S2 and never experience the improvements...

It would have been interesting to see BB10 on that type of device... with much improved internals.
    If they would have kept/perfected the surepress I would have stayed with an all-touch BlackBerry. But I need that feedback, so keyboard it is!

01-14-15 10:30 AM
    Surepress was the most innovative technology to date. There was nothing wrong with it. I typed like a speed demon on that phone. I had both the 1 and the 2. The Surepress on the 2 was much better. The only issue with it was the same issue with other bb's at the time. There was not enough rom and the browser didn't keep up with the iPhone which unfortunately the Storm was advertised to compete with.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 11:59 PM
    Surepress was the most innovative technology to date. There was nothing wrong with it. I typed like a speed demon on that phone. I had both the 1 and the 2. The Surepress on the 2 was much better. The only issue with it was the same issue with other bb's at the time. There was not enough rom and the browser didn't keep up with the iPhone which unfortunately the Storm was advertised to compete with.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree! I never had the storm 1, but I loved my storm 2(minus the carrier issues I had). I still have my mint condition storm in the box!

01-16-15 08:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Biggest issue was the iPhone 3G had been released... BlackBerry was just falling further behind due to their OS and ecosystem.

But I agree a "Classic" all touch featuring an improved Surepress might have been well received back at launch as being different.
    01-16-15 09:02 AM
    Where is the news or rumor!??

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-16-15 11:15 AM
    Where is the news or rumor!??

BlackBerry hates America!
    Pertaining to this thread? I just made this up for kicks..I didn't read a specific rumor/news about a new surepress device. Just a dream..

01-16-15 11:22 AM
    Ahhh, just a dream I had..wish it was reality! Found my mint condition unlocked storm 2 and wondered.."what would a storm 2 be w/ BlackBerry 10"??

Where are the mods? I cannot believe such fowl language is being allowed in the forums. "St*rm"???? Come on mods. Step in on this thread immediately. Lol

Posted via CB10
    filanto likes this.
    01-17-15 09:34 AM
    The Storm 2 was my favorite BB ever. It got a bad name because the S1 had the surepress contact only in the middle of the screen, while the S2 had more contacts and a much better feel to it. It truly was a unique phone for the time, and Ii could type on that thing like a madman.

The real reason the tech in that phone did not continue on was not because it was bad tech. It was because of the lack of apps. BB had to make adjustments at the time and it had to concentrate (or not) on other things.

The Passport with the touch keyboard is the new Surepress.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-17-15 12:36 PM
    The Storm 2 was my favorite BB ever. It got a bad name because the S1 had the surepress contact only in the middle of the screen, while the S2 had more contacts and a much better feel to it. It truly was a unique phone for the time, and Ii could type on that thing like a madman.

The real reason the tech in that phone did not continue on was not because it was bad tech. It was because of the lack of apps. BB had to make adjustments at the time and it had to concentrate (or not) on other things.

The Passport with the touch keyboard is the new Surepress.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I knew I wasn't alone in liking the storm to a certain extent!

01-17-15 02:36 PM
    Loved my storm 2 just saying best looking BlackBerry to date

In Squircle I Trust
    01-18-15 03:00 AM
    I also still have my Storm 2 in good condition. I used it for 2 years (after 1 year of the 9530). I still hold hope that I can update the board on it with more rom. I know it's never happening. But for real, I had no issues with apps, other than no iHeart radio back then. I had all the apps I wanted including fantasy football and NFL apps. In fact, I had better apps than I do today on my Z30 natively. I do miss some of my OS 5 apps like Quicklaunch. But I don't miss my Quickpull app. I can't believe they needed to make it. The memory leaks were real as well. The problems it had were not unique to the Storm. The specs and OS of the Torch would have saved it. I believe watching it get spanked by the iPhone in comparisons hurt the brand.

The sad part is that people only focused on less important facts in those comparisons. They compared the browser with "checkerboarding" tests. App opening tests, and scrolling across the app launcher to test the kinetic scrolling. We were talking about 1 or 2 seconds most of the time on the app opening tests. These were unimportant.

They failed to focus on the fact that the Storm had multitasking before Apple, copy and paste, folders, BBM, native maps, hardware phone buttons (ever struggle to hang up with someone after trying to multi task on the iPhone?), and better notifications (had the tray at the top before Android copied it). Blackberry should not have allowed the use of "iPhone killer" to be used which was always the kiss of death. The storm was an attempt to give it's users a larger screen utilizing new technology. And I will repeat the fact that nobody has done anything technologically as sophisticated as Surepress almost 8 years later. The R&D by RIM was impressive on the hardware front.

It bothers me when people who did not own a Storm would make snarky remarks whenever it is mentioned. The Storm series was not a failure. The PR was a failure as well as OS 5 was a failure to keep up with Apple. The 9550 Storm 2 was a success for me. I still remember being at meetings and typing away on it as I shared documents with members in the room. It was productive. OS 6 and the acquisition of Torch would have saved it if they had the guts to port it over with better specs. But the PR damage was done. Most of which came by way of tech reviewers who did not review phones well back then.

Had it not been for the lack of memory and dealing with those memory leaks, I would have put up with that browser even today just to have Surepress back.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 08:28 AM
    I demand Surepress back!! But then again, I might just stay w/ the keyboard!

filanto likes this.
    01-19-15 02:03 PM
29 12