OK, I am not a tech guy but a normal joe, but our work bought all the managers and salesman blackberries a year ago. I love my Bold 9000, but I can't understand how people are giving these awesome tools (phones) and have not a clue how to use them. Most of these people are lucky if they can even turn them on.

One guy was talking the other day and said he can't stand his email alert going off all night. I had to show him how to use the phone calls only opt. And he was floored LOL

I asked him if he had any music on his phone and he just stared at me like I was speaking another language

I told him about using WIFI and he said what is that.

I think our work just wasted a ton of money LOL

Adam

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 08:46 PM
    Lol.
    During the AP testing they say not to use any electronics. Including PDA, Pagers, Messaging devices, cellular phones, and Blackberry smartphones.
    Just thought it was cool that BBs were their own catagory.

Nothing about androids and iPhones.

08-02-10 09:02 PM
    Seems most of 'em aren't the enthusiasts we are.
    08-02-10 09:02 PM
    OK, I am not a tech guy but a normal joe, but our work bought all the managers and salesman blackberries a year ago. I love my Bold 9000, but I can't understand how people are giving these awesome tools (phones) and have not a clue how to use them. Most of these people are lucky if they can even turn them on.

One guy was talking the other day and said he can't stand his email alert going off all night. I had to show him how to use the phone calls only opt. And he was floored LOL

I asked him if he had any music on his phone and he just stared at me like I was speaking another language

I told him about using WIFI and he said what is that.

I think our work just wasted a ton of money LOL

Adam

This is exactly WHY I say that apps don't matter as much as people make them out to matter.

guys like this guy you mentioned would never use an app, and clearly if he can't figure out how to change his alerts profile, he isn't going to learn to move icons on his iPhone/Android screen to be in the right spot, he isn't going to set things up, it will be 99% phone for him,
    08-02-10 09:10 PM
    Same at my work, and the people who can make the most use of them don't get them. What's more amazing is how people resist anyone showing them how to use them. - tried for a time and gave up. I have a few people I help, the rest can pound salt.

08-02-10 09:16 PM
    Same at my work, and the people who can make the most use of them don't get them. What's more amazing is how people resist anyone showing them how to use them. - tried for a time and gave up. I have a few people I help, the rest can pound salt.

Seems like these companies should give a little class or seminar on how to use the phone(s). Have it in the company conference room.
    08-02-10 09:24 PM
    Had a run in at a coffee shop with a girl bragging about her new bb. I politely asked, what model? Acting offended she replied "I dunno, the newest one!" I caught a 2 second glimpse of it as she guarded her sacred treasure. It was a 9650 and I thought, how sad that something so capable be rendered useless in the hands of someone so clueless. In this case I think she bought it in the hopes that it would somehow magically make her smarter. It's probably bricked as we speak. The worst part of this story is people like this never learn anything for fear of appearing inferior. It's a catch-22.

08-02-10 09:34 PM
    My sister has had an 8350i for almost 2 years and has never heard of crackberry. She didn't even know there was a facebook app. Needless to say she's getting a full schooling on using her bb while I stay with her this week.

08-02-10 10:00 PM
    I have seen several blackberries get replaced by iphones at work simply because the track ball was hanging up. I told the district manager that you can clean or replace that track for next to nothing and had a deer in the headlights look!!

08-02-10 10:15 PM
    Let's all give Crackberry a round of applause! It has been an overflowing fountain of knowledge for the nourishment of many hungry Blackberry users. Never stop asking questions and by all means never ever stop being curious!

08-02-10 11:04 PM
    I am from Arizona I sold wireless for a couple of years and one of my favorite parts was showing customers how to use their phones/smartphones. I have the patience. Some people just sell them and don't care. But today the stores are very busy and classes are offered. I think it is a good way to learn the basics and now all the platforms are being taught So if a customer needs more help this is the way to get the assistance
    Some people think having a BB makes them look cool like a pr of designer jeans
    Blackberry has so many great things it can do. It is ashame some people don't care to learn
    Really can simplify one's life. And I like listening to my CD's on it too

08-03-10 12:38 AM
    Just today, a lady I work with needed help to turn the radio on her Storm back on. I had a hard time figuring out how to scroll down to the Options menu. Once I was able to do that, I was able to get the connections re-enabled.
    08-04-10 04:05 PM
    The last time I was on a flight, the flight attendants said, "Please turn off all electronic devices, such as laptops, portable gaming systems, cell phones, and BlackBerries."

No mention of iPhone...

This flight was in March.
    08-04-10 04:25 PM
    IT IS NOT JUST A PHONE. IT HELPS ME LIVE MY LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!! i love my blackberry!!
    08-06-10 07:09 AM
    I work for an insurance company and they give Blackberries to the Divisional & Regional Managers and some other Sales Admin executives. I think most of them seem to be pretty good with their BBs from what I've seen, but these are the same people that can't turn on a computer, and I have to show them how to save stuff into folders on their hard drives. Granted, most of these people are older guys who have had assistants do every little thing for them so I understand why.

I do agree that the thing most frustrating is these people won't learn how to use their BBs or computers. They just flat-out refuse.
    08-06-10 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD