I was thinking about getting my mom a new curve from verizon for mothers day. I love mine so much that I think my mom might too. Right now she just owns a simple flip phone, but likes to send txt/picture messages but im not sure she would use the BB to its full potential. I talked to a VZW rep and they would let me try the phone out for 30 days with a $30 restocking fee if she chooses not to keep it. What do you guys think? Anyone in a similar situation? or been there?

Also any good apps out there that I could load on the phone? Is there a wine app? Mobile bartender? LoL

Max
    04-25-10 07:27 PM
    Im not sure how old your mom is but u definitely wanna get something with a nice size screen. Also They have a wine enthusiast Guide for 9.99 and top 10 wines for 7.99. I dont know if these apps will help but worth a shot.
    04-25-10 07:32 PM
    In 30 days she will love it. You'll probably have a hard time getting it away from her. just show her the basics and let her play with it for a few days and she'll be hooked. great present.
    04-25-10 09:26 PM
    The best way to get someone to love BlackBerry is to put one in their hands! After that, no life without BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 02:29 AM
    Don't forget that a new BB acount will cost an additional $30 a month for data no way around that. If she has the flip phone data now she's paying $10 per month on it so it will only be another $20. I know when I tried getting my parents a BB, they flipped out over the $30 extra. Good luck.

04-26-10 10:21 AM
    Don't forget that a new BB acount will cost an additional $30 a month for data no way around that....

Not if you're on Sprint. Booya!
    04-26-10 12:05 PM
    I'm not sure which one you were thinking of, but you might want to let her try out a touch screen and regular bb to see which she prefers.

04-26-10 01:37 PM
    I was thinking about the purple curve 8530. I think you can make the text bigger right? Think ill just give it a shot and try it out. Thanks for your help! Any more app suggestions would be great!

Thanks
    Max

04-26-10 11:16 PM
    Make sure she's technology savvy. My mom actually considered the jitterbug! So make sure she's into it.

04-26-10 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD