Being that it's easter and all, I thought I might start a thread about secrets (sometimes called "easter eggs") on the various BlackBerry devices...

When I say "secrets", I'm referring to hidden/un-documented menus, secret-un-documented games and codes, etc.

So, being that all phones have at least one of the above, does anyone know any secrets (easter eggs) for their BlackBerry device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 07:01 PM
    ALT+LGLG = event log

ALT+ESCR = help me

ALT+(hold)ESCAPE KEY = running apps
    03-22-08 08:08 PM
    On the BB 8830 curve (Sprint edition) you can enter ##038601 to bring up a programming menu. Be careful here. Even if you make the correct changes, you'll nuke your messaging for about an hour (or less).

I'd like to see more ##000000 codes to see what they do. I'll look around and see what I can find (if anything).

Feed the need�
    10-19-08 03:50 AM
    On the BB 8830 curve (Sprint edition) you can enter ##038601 to bring up a programming menu. Be careful here. Even if you make the correct changes, you'll nuke your messaging for about an hour (or less).

I'd like to see more ##000000 codes to see what they do. I'll look around and see what I can find (if anything).

Feed the need�
    As a Blackberry tech-support agent for A Company (not sure if HR and Corporate permit me to identify my employer), I *strongly advise against* messing with those kinds of codes blindly -- you can mess up a lot more than just your messaging.

That '##' code you discovered, Joe, appears (relatively) benign, but there are more of them that are used internally and are for specific functions and settings on your handset that, once broken, are very difficult to un-break.

Tread carefully, and always ask before you dial an unknown code.
    08-15-09 05:38 AM
    Why was this bumped when the last post was ten months ago?

08-15-09 05:44 AM
    Hi there Cracky! Amazing the things that can be dug up, in the CrackBerry dungeon, isn't it?
    08-15-09 06:07 AM
    Lol. That's for sure. Good morning to you.

08-15-09 06:46 AM
    And a good morning back! Where's Ken when you need a thread locked from hijacking? Come on man, get with it!
    08-15-09 06:50 AM
    As a Blackberry tech-support agent for A Company (not sure if HR and Corporate permit me to identify my employer), I *strongly advise against* messing with those kinds of codes blindly -- you can mess up a lot more than just your messaging.

That '##' code you discovered, Joe, appears (relatively) benign, but there are more of them that are used internally and are for specific functions and settings on your handset that, once broken, are very difficult to un-break.

Tread carefully, and always ask before you dial an unknown code.
    Hi BBB! How's life?
    08-15-09 12:39 PM
    Alt + NMLL - changes the Bar signal meter to a Db (numbered) signal meter

I'm prettyt sure it works on all blackberrys I learned of it a while ago on a guys 8700 (I think that's what it was)
    and it still works on curve, bold, pearl, and I think the tour (only what I've tried it on)

Well happy hunting.
    09-14-09 01:07 PM
    Why was this bumped when the last post was ten months ago?

Digging up dead threads is the new "cool" thing to do.
    09-14-09 01:15 PM
    Necroposting FTW!
    09-14-09 01:42 PM
    Storm Easter Egg (or Sept Egg????)......

(from talltubatom) Access the Advanced Stats Screen!

You can check on all your phone stats like Free memory, PIN, and OS version by holding the back button and tapping (not pressing) top left, top right, top left, top right.
    09-14-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD