Okay, I'm looking into getting a mac mini. I don't need anything too fancy like a macbook or macbook pro. I'd like them, though What is the most effective setup to run, say final cut express? I want something low cost (Apple low cost? right..) but something that will last and work. I'm big with music and video. and video editing. any insight to the best mac mini setup would be greatly appreciated.
    02-22-09 08:40 PM
    Not the best mac for video editing...
    I'd wait for the new ones... BEtter video and Dual Core 2
    I have the latest and greatest with 4 gig RAM and it has a hard time spitting out 1080 movies to my 52in LCD...
    02-22-09 09:18 PM
    Yeah, I'm not looking for anything like that. haha. I really want a mac computer. but nothing as expensive as a macbook pro. I want a desktop style mac with solid capability. When i say video editing, i mean the occasional project that i have to bring home to work on and transfer seamlessly between the macs at work and then my mac.

is there a mac mini coming out this year (preferably during the summer) that should handle final cut or final cut express?

I really don't want to spend more than $1,000. its $924 for the 2.0MHz processor and and 2GB ram. that's what I'd prefer.

And one last thing, haha. I have a hp laptop with 2MHz processor and 3GB ram. so i have options.
    02-22-09 09:25 PM
    Macbook or Macbook Pro...Pro is the sh*t! I love my macbook tho!
    02-23-09 06:51 AM
    I know what I WANT to have, but a macbook pro is not what I need . Haha.

I know what a pc requires in terms of memory, processor speed, and RAM, but I have no clue about the minimum requirements for OS X.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD