Hello all.

If you haven't heard the story of Madalynne, there's more info in my signature. But very short story is that she's one and she just had a massive brain tumor removed.

I'd like to setup a benefit show for the family. I'm going to be talking to an old friend today, and she said her band would absolutely play, but I'm looking for more ideas.

We'd do a 50/50 raffle.
    I'd like to get donations that we could auction off somehow.

But I want to do more. So any and all ideas that could be shared would be wonderful. And if you have any tips such as good types of places to hold the benefit or things to watch out for, that would be wonderful as well.

Thanks to everyone, and please pray for Mady.

Jef
    09-18-09 05:24 AM
    How about a benefit dinner? I'm sure there are some restaurants in Chicago that would be willing to lend a hand for such a good cause.

I would prefer a dinner because (on top of donating to a good cause) you automatically get something for the money you spend instead of waiting around on one prize (or more) at the end of the night. This way everyone gets the same thing.

I think it would bring in more people than a raffle.
    09-18-09 08:36 AM
    Thank you for that opinion. Maybe we can run the concert AND dinner at a bar or something similar.

Me likey!
    09-18-09 09:17 AM
    I'm always down for benefit motorcycle rides, I've been on a few that ended in a dinner or BBQ and had bands playing.
    09-18-09 10:56 AM
    OOOohhhhhh. Dad *does* own two bikes...

But how is money generated on the ride? Or is it just a group of people that get together to ride?
    09-18-09 11:02 AM
    I imagine it's like a walkathon... but I have no idea how those work.
    09-18-09 11:04 AM
    On most of the rides I've gone on it is 20-25 dollars per bike/driver, then 5 extra per passenger. Usually 50/50 leathers, ride patches ( in memory of, I rode for..etc) or helmets, or other riding gear. The helmet I won had custom artwork for the 9/11 ride with the towers painted on it. Most motorcycle shops around here will donate an item or a couple to be raffled.
    09-18-09 11:16 AM
    Usually once someone is paid they are given a button, or something to display on their bike/person to insure that everyone is paid up. They usually offer a lower price 10-15 bucks for people that want to drive to the dinner/bbq and still enjoy the music and/or food.

If you are interested in it, drop me a p.m. and I can put you in touch with someone that has done a lot more rides than myself and I'm pretty sure he has organized a couple.
    09-18-09 11:18 AM
    Try a local harley or other motorcycle shop. Our local Harley dealership sponsors all types of benefits. The local radio stations usually get involved also, so that's another thought, they can get the word out to a lot of people. Good luck & I'll be praying for her!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 11:25 AM
    Thanks everyone, but don't quit on me yet.

Vortex, I am interested, so feel free to PM me some info. I may or may not use it, but I'd rather have too much and talk to too many people for information.
    09-18-09 11:34 AM
    I just found this post. Perhaps we can come up with a local plan.

Google
    Pray for Mady Mae Power of Collective Prayer - HeliFreak

Sorry since I'm a new member I can't post links yet.

Thanks
    Victor
    10-22-09 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD