View Poll Results: Would you rather be stranded with Bear Grylls, or Les Stroud

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bear Grylls

8 44.44%
  • Les Stroud

10 55.56%
    Personally, I'd rather fight nature with Bear and find a way home (risking further danger) than sit in a tent listening to Les complain about how hungry he is WHILE playing the harmonica (less dangerous, but if this is surviving, hand me a gun).
    09-29-09 04:36 PM
    You can't fight nature and win. It will own you every time. You have to find a way to work with it, knowing how to use the resources available to you.

i have a survival kit in my car, thanks for Les! Lol

i just put on my Survivorman DVD!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 04:40 PM
    NOT TRUE. Bears objective is to survive out in the wilderness for 7 days. The episodes are different, sometimes he gets picked up

(many times he actually participates w/ search and rescue teams for training drills and the they try to find him as he acts as a person lost in the wilderness).

Other times he does walk out and find a way to civilization, it all depends. So that "wait to die" bit is not true.
    09-29-09 04:41 PM
    Put those two in the same situation, same supplies. No help for 7 days. See who makes out better/finds his way to help.

i'd watch that show!

09-29-09 04:49 PM
    I'll stop posting in this thread. I've already felt the wrath of chrisy's mod stick once... Not again.

In closing I will say this:
    When Les can't survive, he calls Bear to rescue him.
    09-29-09 04:53 PM
    LOL!

Are both shows still on the air? i cancelled my cable and i do miss them.

i don't own one of those sticks! i generally forget the username of most that i've warned. So, it's ok.

09-29-09 04:56 PM
    I'll stop posting in this thread. I've already felt the wrath of chrisy's mod stick once... Not again.

Haha. And Bear calls the local tribesmen to deliver a goat tied to a tree. Or magically finds a dead deer on the floor.

Don't get me wrong I watch his show, but to say it's a survival show is ridiculous, the only people who would believe that are people who have never spent time outdoors and or have no experience w/ the outdoors.
    09-29-09 05:06 PM

Hahahaha! You are funny!

09-29-09 08:15 PM
    Has Les ever reached the summit of Everest? I don't think so.
    09-29-09 09:01 PM
    Anybody who hikes knows that if you get lost, you stay put. You find somewhere you can be easily seen by making a fire, and wait for someone to find you. You start moving around and you could be pushing yourself further into the wilderness and away from rescue. Bear is too reckless... Sorry If I was out in the wilderness, I wouldn't want to be looking for food while Bear tends to his broken leg
    09-29-09 11:40 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD