View Poll Results: Would you rather be stranded with Bear Grylls, or Les Stroud

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bear Grylls

8 44.44%
  • Les Stroud

10 55.56%
    If you were forced to be in a survival situation with either Bear Grylls, or Les Stroud, who would you rather be stuck with?
    09-26-09 03:44 PM
    I would go with Bear. I know the whole story about him getting help and sleeping in hotels, but the guy still knows what he is doing. He is much more exciting too. Les kinda gets on my nerves, and I would have to break the harmonica.
    09-26-09 03:48 PM
    I have to agree. Bear puts himself in much more difficult situations and risks himself more!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 08:22 PM
    I have to agree. Bear puts himself in much more difficult situations and risks himself more!

From what I understand Bear has people going with him and they plan all the stunts. Les gets dropped off and its just him and his camera's for 7 days. He is nuts.

Both shows are entertaining though but if i was lost id have to go with Les
    09-26-09 08:51 PM
    Les in a heartbeat! He gets dropped off with the bare min. of supplies and survives for 7 days on his own while Bear has tons of people looking for the exact situation he wants to film and spends maybe 6 to 7 hours at a time in the wilderness for each episode. Les is the real deal and more entertaining.
    09-26-09 09:45 PM
    I understand Les does the stuff by himself, but I think the crazy stuff Bear does/shows would make me want him out there with me...
    09-26-09 10:55 PM
    Les Stroud, no question. He has no camera crew or assistance from anyone. Bear has people with him at all times and gets help often with the things he has to do.

09-27-09 12:51 PM
    Les Stroud, no question. He has no camera crew or assistance from anyone. Bear has people with him at all times and gets help often with the things he has to do.

Bear gets help to make the show more interesting though. It's not like he doesn't know what he is doing. The guy is former SAS, I still go with Bear.
    09-28-09 09:11 AM
    I'll go with les.

09-28-09 10:22 AM
    Is this a trick question? If I was given a real choice, I would choose Bear, of course. The guy's got so much going for him: former SAS, he's HOT, he can make dinner out of anything, he's HOT, he can navigate by sky and find his way out of anywhere, he's HOT...

He named his son Huckleberry. This guy is a riot! And did I mention he is HOT!
    09-28-09 10:29 AM
    No question... Bear Grylls. Bear killed a croc with his bare hands and ate it.

Les is a pansy. Les talks to himself and starves himself because he can't catch dinner.
    09-28-09 10:57 AM
    i <3 bear! would pick him over les stroud, but les is serious effin business! bear is HOT, but he has people to get him out of jams.
    09-28-09 11:42 AM
    Poo on Bear Grylls. I will say he is more kickass than Les but I enjoy Les' show alot more. More realistic and it's not all about the grossest thing you can find to eat or the coolest camera angle or the hottest host, it's more about survival (go figure)

I would probably enjoy a beer with Les more too, that sums it up nicely.
    09-28-09 01:03 PM
    Bear drank his own p*ss out of a snake.... Enough said.
    09-29-09 07:58 AM
    Sometimes when I watch Bear I feel like I'm watching Fear Factor ... He eats some of the nastiest stuff! But I hang in there because there's always a chance he will have to take off some clothing to use as a flotation device while crossing alligator infested waterways! ITA with pixel8rberry, Bear Grylls is HOT! But I think if I were trapped in the wilds with one or the other, I'd choose Les.
    Now if I were trapped on a tropical island with a well stocked bar it would be Bear Grylls all the way.

09-29-09 10:39 AM
    Bear drank his own p*ss out of a snake.... Enough said.
    That took some balls to do
    09-29-09 11:49 AM
    Was the snake alive?

If not, I don't care.
    09-29-09 12:25 PM
    Was the snake alive?

If not, I don't care.
    It wasn't... oh well maybe next time.
    09-29-09 12:33 PM
    That took some balls to do
    Was the snake alive?

If not, I don't care.
    It wasn't... oh well maybe next time.
    Hahahahaha!
    09-29-09 12:44 PM
    Is this a trick question? If I was given a real choice, I would choose Bear, of course. The guy's got so much going for him: former SAS, he's HOT, he can make dinner out of anything, he's HOT, he can navigate by sky and find his way out of anywhere, he's HOT...

He named his son Huckleberry. This guy is a riot! And did I mention he is HOT!
    So lets say you are Bear's wife, you are watching Man Vs Wild (the episode where he drinks the water from the elephant turd) and he walks in the door from a long day at work. Do you jump up from the sofa and give him a big hello kiss?
    09-29-09 03:22 PM
    Les! He knows what he's doing. The other guy is all flash and has a camera crew with him.

Les plays the harmonica.

Les is also super sexy! Swoon. i wonder how i can get stranded with him!

Les is a man and takes care of business. Bear is a boy looking for attention.

09-29-09 03:25 PM
    You guys are fools. Les easily.

70-80% of what Bear does goes against the very nature of the show. It's a SURVIVAL show, in a SURVIVAL situation you do not climb down water falls because it's faster. Nor do you have random animals tied to trees so that you can kill it. You don't run as fast as you can down a hillside or even get your feet wet if can help it.

His show is about entertainment. He puts in some good survival tips sometimes, but the things he does actually increases your chance of death and or injury.
    09-29-09 04:24 PM
    My big gripe with Les is this...

He tries to survive until SOMEONE ELSE finds him.

Bear takes matters into his own hands by surviving AND finding a way to civilization.

Les is more of a "wait here and die" dude, while Bear grabs nature by the short hairs and doesn't let go.
    09-29-09 04:31 PM
    My big gripe with Les is this...

He tries to survive until SOMEONE ELSE finds him.

Bear takes matters into his own hands by surviving AND finding a way to civilization.

Les is more of a "wait here and die" dude, while Bear grabs nature by the short hairs and doesn't let go.
    You just described the premise of both the shows.
    09-29-09 04:32 PM
    That's not true. Les sets aside 7 days (i believe) to survive and get himself out of his predicament. He's only had be rescued one time.

He definitely does not stay put and wait to be found!

Well said, cellwiz09!

09-29-09 04:34 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD