It's summer and there are no classes so I've become quite used to just carrying my Curve wherever I go and texting/browsing/emailing etc. whenever I feel like it. I don't know about everyone else, but as soon as I head back to school and I won't be allowed my BB in class, I'm going to be facing some serious withdrawl! Anyone else worried about this?
    07-26-08 01:34 PM
    I have not been in school for 14 years so I don't have to worry about that but I feel for you.
    07-26-08 01:36 PM
    I used mine in class all the. I just put it on vibrate.
    07-26-08 01:53 PM
    Blackberry in class is a must for me. Its definitely a lady magnet!
    07-26-08 01:55 PM
    School wont be the only place in life where you wont be able to use your BlackBerry whenever you feel like. You'll be ok.
    07-26-08 01:55 PM
    What level of schooling are you in? If high school, then thats a given that you won't really be able to use it because of the small class size, but in college, professors don't give a f*** and classes are too big for them to notice
    07-26-08 01:57 PM
    Yes, I am worried...and I am a teacher!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 02:22 PM
    I'm in my 3rd year of college. Unfortunately my major is full of small classes where it'd be pretty noticable if I had my BB out. I've seen the posts about BBs at work so I know I won't be able to have it when I start teaching, that's a given. I guess it's just something I'll have to get used to.
    07-26-08 10:37 PM
    Um not really. My class sizes are huge my professors couldn't care much more if I was on it or even in the room.

07-26-08 10:42 PM
    I use mine for work and for school... It's my right hand man so to speak
    07-26-08 11:58 PM
    Ya it's going to be hard to not have my berry at my side when school starts.

07-28-08 07:22 PM
    lol,

i would take mine into my 3hr chem class and browse the internet and chat on AIM

just keep it on silent lol.
    07-28-08 07:28 PM
    Me too. I always put it on vibrate when I'm in class. I'm going into high school and so if a teacher sees it, its gone for the day But a LONG year with a bb in 8th grade and never getting caught has taught me how to bb in secret. My key tip: hollow out a notebook and put your bb inside! Teachers will never know! Also, if you get teachers that freak out all the time, voice record is your best friend

07-28-08 07:45 PM
    Me too. I always put it on vibrate when I'm in class. I'm going into high school and so if a teacher sees it, its gone for the day But a LONG year with a bb in 8th grade and never getting caught has taught me how to bb in secret. My key tip: hollow out a notebook and put your bb inside! Teachers will never know! Also, if you get teachers that freak out all the time, voice record is your best friend

You had a BB when you were in 8th grade?!?!

PIMPIN!!
    07-28-08 08:01 PM
    Thanks. I bought it myself and I pay for the data plan, so I'm broke most of the time, but its 100% worth it!

07-28-08 08:20 PM
    Thanks. I bought it myself and I pay for the data plan, so I'm broke most of the time, but its 100% worth it!

My little sister is gonna be a freshman this year in high school and I'm going out of the country for two years so she's gonna be getting my Curve... I just think it's too much phone for her though.

But that's sweet that you pay for it yourself. Way to go man
    07-28-08 08:29 PM
    Even though all the Professor's say phones aren't allowed, I still manage with the phone on silent. Except for my Police and Society class, she actually lowers your grade...
    07-28-08 09:29 PM
    What else is there to do in class???
    I just put it on "Quiet" so all I see is the flashing LED...and VOILA!
    HOWEVER! At least I'm in college!!

I work at a middle school..yea..I'm the one that takes phones away...haha...
    Last edited by vampyrezz; 07-31-08 at 03:09 AM.
    07-31-08 03:07 AM
    Do they check you before u go in?
    07-31-08 11:33 AM
    just get a full time hall pass...
    07-31-08 01:33 PM
    Omg today I had to take this test but we weren't allowed any cell phones, calculators..etc. And I risked my grade just to check my emails and txt msgs lol, good thing I didn't get caught I was sitting all the way in the back hehe

08-01-08 03:10 PM
    Omg today I had to take this test but we weren't allowed any cell phones, calculators..etc. And I risked my grade just to check my emails and txt msgs lol, good thing I didn't get caught I was sitting all the way in the back hehe

You know you are a true addict when.....

I just finished high school and am off to university. When I was in high school they were really strict about cell phones, cameras, pagers, laptops, etc. They said it was for "security" reasons. I couldn't even have my bb in the holster on my belt, even if I never took it out. I still managed to use it though
    08-01-08 04:10 PM

I couldnt agree with you more!!! But i would never record my teacher, the teachers i had were a real pain, but i wouldnt get them in trouble like that...
    08-01-08 04:20 PM
    Oh my teachers were CRAZY!!!! For example, my math teacher cried and talked to the tv and lives less then a mile away from my house!!! I never got them into trouble though, I just recorded it for a good laugh later. My science teacher was my ring tone for a while

08-01-08 04:40 PM
    I just got my bb so i haven't gotten the chance to use my bb during class. I will though when school starts again in the fall.
    08-02-08 05:25 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD