First question, how many time a day do you pull your battery and also, what happens if your bb goes dead and charger is out of reach???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 02:23 AM
    I usually pull my battery every couple of days. I could probably do it once a week or so, but I'm a bit on the anal retentive side about this.

Not sure what kind of an answer you're looking for in your second question. The logical answer to "what happens if your battery goes dead and your charger is out of reach" is obviously: nothing happens, your battery is dead! I am guessing you're looking for something deeper than that but your question doesn't really lead me in any direction so to speak!

I have never had my battery go completely dead while away from a charger however. My home charger is never away from home, my car chargers are available while I'm in either car and I can teather to my laptop with the mini USB as well.

If your battery were to go completely dead with no way to recharge its not a big deal (other than the potential withdrawal symptoms and lack of understanding from co-workers, family members and complete strangers.) it will just be as if the device is off. Calls will go to voicemail and emails, SMS, calendar reminders, etc will not alert or even come through until you have sufficient charge!

06-17-08 03:51 AM
    I forgot to say that is isn't really good for you battery to go completely dead. There have been a number of discussions regarding charging and care of batteries and may even be a sticky somewhere. I am on via WAP right now and am unable to access links to share with you.

Essentially the old school of "cycling" batteries does not apply to the type of battery we are working with and we should actually charge whenever possible.

Do a search for "battery care" or "battery charging" for more information on this subject!!

06-17-08 03:56 AM
    My BB went dead maybe twice since I had it. But thats why I got a car charger
    I do a battery pull maybe once a day.
    06-17-08 04:50 AM
    I dos battery pull every 2 days. if your battery is dead and no power around you may consider to bring another battery with you. So this way you will never be out of power anywhere you are. If you consider to buy another battery try seidio. A little bit pricy but worth the cost of it. Highly recommend.

06-17-08 05:50 AM
    I pull my battery every few weeks, usually when something acts slow.

From what I understand, lithium-ion batteries can actually be damaged if allowed to drain completely.

The corollary to that is that CrackBerry owners can also be damaged if they allow their batteries to drain completely.

Always charge you BlackBerry for health!

06-17-08 06:00 AM
    I pull the battery every few days or so.
    Sometimes a reset works too.

And I bought one of those Energizer phone chargers.
    Doesn't replace a wall charger, but it's good for times when I know 'll be out all day and night and won't be near an outlet.
    06-18-08 12:35 AM
    I'm new to BB what does pull mean
    06-18-08 12:57 AM
    I'm new to BB what does pull mean
    They are referring to taking the battery out of the phone.
    06-18-08 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD