Me and my boyfriend of 6 years are getting married at the end of the month. I really want a bachelorette party because right after the ceremony were moving to Ohio. You know a last girls night. Well my boyfriend thinks this is selfish because he isn't going to have a bachelor party (because he doesn't like what they stand for and not because I won't let him. I suggested he have one.) the issue is really getting between us and I just wondering how other people felt about them in general?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 06:55 AM
    it is ur last noight of freedom there has to be trust. He should let u have one dosent he ever have a guys night out a bacholer party is what he makes it. If he don't like them he should go hang out with his friends. Or if you can't resolve this my pin is 307577EA let's talk lol

07-09-09 07:10 AM
    Well, what are you planning on doing, dinner or drinking at home with the BFF's, or male strippers?

Whether you think it's unfair or not, respect his feelings, tone it down, do it a couple of weeks before the wedding.
    07-09-09 08:11 AM
    Dinner and drinking at home. Were keeping it personal. Its not something we haven't done before that's why I'm so lost about it:

07-09-09 08:24 AM
    You need to find out what his hang up is and work through it. If you can't, this may foreshadow future trouble.

The bachelor party isn't a big deal, but the possibility of lack of trust or other deep seated issues could be.

Maybe talk to him about it and don't call it a bachelorette party. Call it a night / weekend with the girls. Tell him what's going to be happening. Be honest.
    07-09-09 09:07 AM
    The OP asked what people thought about bachlorette parties in general...so to respond to that question and refrain from playing 'Lil Psycho Analyst' I'd say they have a long standing tradition based in our culture and serve a wonderful purpose in celebrating a big change in one's life...transitioning from a single person to being part of a couple..
    07-09-09 02:20 PM
    It sounds like part of the reason you want to have a bachelorette is because you are moving away. I understand why he doesn't like the ideas of the bachelor/bachelorette party, to each their own. But why don't you just change the idea behind the party? Have it a going away party and then you can invite his friends too so that you still get to see people before moving away. You get your party and he gets his no bachelor party ideal satisfied. As you will soon learn about marriage, its all about finding a happy medium.

Good luck with this issue, I hope it all works out for you!
    07-12-09 03:03 PM
    You should totally have a bachelorette party! This is your last night of freedom with the girls! I went out for my step moms bachelorette party and damn did we have some fun. If it is a trust issue then maybe yall need to work through that before getting married.

Just 2cents from a 20yr old.

07-12-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD