So, I have to admit, the whole 2012 thing scares me. A lot. The polar shift, all the prophecies...I wish I thought of them as utter baloney and could just laugh and ignore it. But it worries me.
    I feel like the world is just at an awful point. People are becoming more and more anti-social, politicians are trying to play god, religious zealots are justifying wrongdoings, wars have been breaking out...
    It could just be the time for the "American Empire" to fall. Which is possible, and could turn out fine in the long run. Everything must come to an end.
    But it frightens me. And not just because it could mean my own death: but the death of millions, the end of humans, the end of this era on earth.
    Maybe, billions of years ago, a similar civilization existed. Maybe on our own planet, leaving no trace. It's not entirely impossible. Maybe some "apocalyptic" event, be it a polar shift or nuclear war or widespread disease or global warming/cooling/whatever, wiped out a human or humanesque population. I mean, we'll never know...and if it happens to us, and ten billion years from now, another human-like species arises, they may never know of our existence either.
    I mean, whatever happens, happens, and there's not much you or I can do to stop it.
    But I just feel like something big's going to happen, and soon.
    I want to live, to enjoy my life, to raise children, have my trials and tribulations, live as long as I can, be happy, and die peacefully. I mean, isn't that what most people want? I just want my time. I don't want life to suddenly cease...mine and everyone around me.
    I also believe that we're insignificant in the universe. I'm sure there have been other intelligent species, on other planets. It's hard to believe that, in the expanse of space, there aren't, haven't been, and won't ever again be a species with opposable thumbs, the ability to communicate with language, to build, to create...and it goes on and on.

I guess I'm kind of rambling.
    But I'm nervous. And can't just forget about all of this. I truly wish I could.

Anyone have any input?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 07:29 PM
    to ramble on matters such as this can be good. planet earth as we are witnessing now is slowly but surely crumbling. something which is close to us and pretty much within our control - global warming - results in soaring temperature and an increase in sea water level over time are main contributors to this good earth wearing and tearing. imho there is no point fearing as we ourselves are to be blamed? talk about pollution, excessive energy utilization and what have you. 2012 is nearing. thing is that anything can happen between now and 2012, 2052 or even longer cuz of its unpredictability. so do keep a lookout the next time you turn on the charger of your bb. don't forget to turn off the switch when you're done charging your bb.
    04-22-09 09:02 PM
    pshh 2012 wont happen people have already looked and the mian calender actually calls for a later date, yes certain events have been predicted but there pulling at strings to link them... just finding common occurences nothing will happen...
    04-22-09 09:12 PM
    Well if the world is ever going to come to some all of a sudden end, it would be 2012. The Mayan's were supposedly very intelligent. And I mean, who back then even thought the planet would be around at 2000. They definately thought ahead.

Scientifically, the worlld wont end on 2012. Religiously? Maybe. Maybe 2012 will hold judgement day... So I guess the real question isn't when or will it happen, but are you prepared...?

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels"
    04-22-09 09:48 PM
    I'm not religious, and don't believe in a "second coming" or "judgement day."
    However, I guess it is possible that the world could end. I mean, meteors crash, instability can happen, the polar shift (if it really does happen) could either just screw with compases and things that are magnetized and be entirely recoverable (which I hope is the case...and really, if it means a life without electricity or television or computers, well, that would suck, but we'd survive, and life could end up taking a turn for the better)...or it could set off all armed missles and cause earthquakes and volcanoes and tidal waves and flooding and all that fun stuff. Which could wipe out all or most of humanity. Mad Max could be upon us, heh.
    But really...I hope nothing happens. I look forward to the whole growing old thing. I want to have a baby and go to PTA meetings and have arguments and make dinner. Heh.

I just really fear for the worst, while trying to remain as positive and optimistic as possible.

04-23-09 01:16 PM
    I can sum up how some of these sentiments tie into the difference between those that prescribe to a certain faith; and those that don't...those that believe in a particular faith (they don't fear believing and putting trust in the unseen...therefore I've noticed they're overall fear of death; comparatively to non-believers...is less.)

04-23-09 02:33 PM
    You have been watching the History Channel. Truth is, every generation has individuals that believed theirs was going to be the last, and that if I tried hard enough I could link world events to when I s**t. But when the world ends, that will be that, and no one knows when it will be. For those who are religious, supposidly on of God's greatest gifts was free will, and if we have a time limit that was preordained, doesn't that mean that free will is just an illusion since the ending is set in stone?
    04-23-09 03:00 PM
    I wouldn't worry about it because one way or another its gonna happen... You won't be able to stop it anyhow... 9 times out of 10 you probably won't be unfortunate enough to witness it but who knows...
    04-23-09 03:05 PM
    9 times out of 10? Try one in several trillion We're all going to be dead in 100 years anyhow. Everyone you talk to on here will be in the ground right along side you That's why you have to be as much of a dik to people as you can HeII is where the parties are at!
    04-23-09 08:18 PM
    Hehehe. If there really is a ****, I do think the fun people will be there. Along with Hitler and rapists and pedophiles, sure...but there'll be Satan's cabana and Elgin and I will see you there, Back-space.

But this stuff still does worry me. To the point of where I'm considering hypnosis or something. I wonder if that "Abilify" on top of my anxiety medication will help. Heh.

04-23-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD