Well basically as someone in IT at the end of the year I do my PC cleaning and wash the filters and etc. Also run checks to see if I ain't too fragmented and if my RAID 0 is holding... But the other day I thought I should check my data usage just for curiosity and found this...

Anyone got a nVidia card?-facebook-20131219-065100.png

Isn't that too much usage for an application which optimises game settings... Even Spybot has stupid readings :/ The blanked apps are blanked for reasons

But does anyone have around the same symptom or even see this kind of data usage?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:55 AM
    Wireshark � Go Deep. this should tell you what type of traffic it generates
    12-19-13 01:00 AM
    That seems like an awful lot of data for a graphics card application to be pulling down in a month and a half...for that matter, so is the amount by Spybot.

When I get home, I will check mine and see what the usage of mine is.
    12-19-13 01:02 AM
    Wireshark � Go Deep. this should tell you what type of traffic it generates
    Yeah I have that running now... Still don't understand what the downloaded/uploaded payload was! Can't be drivers and updates, just doesn't make sense.. Or nVidia are moving around like the NSA :/ Taking footage of me going ham on Battlefield 4 LOL

That seems like an awful lot of data for a graphics card application to be pulling down in a month and a half...for that matter, so is the amount by Spybot.

When I get home, I will check mine and see what the usage of mine is.
    It's mainly the GeForce experience application. Spybot is being weird... Only use it for the immunizations it offers and malwarebytes pro for the live protection itself! Keep me posted anyways... Want to see how others are doing..
    12-19-13 01:07 AM
    I've never had anything like that, been using nVIDIA since I got my PC. Still, my card is old (9800 GT) and I don't have access to fancy stuff such as that optimizer (that program that detects your game, system info, and sets graphics settings accordingly).

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-19-13 01:22 AM
    I've never had anything like that, been using nVIDIA since I got my PC. Still, my card is old (9800 GT) and I don't have access to fancy stuff such as that optimizer (that program that detects your game, system info, and sets graphics settings accordingly).

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    That fancy optimizer is causing the data usage... And you seriously need a update in card LOOL. Made me remember the good old days with that godly card 8800GT which was epic and so was the 560! Recently updated to the 770GTX for Battlefield 4

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:26 AM
    Could be, but sucking 13GB data in one month is ridiculous for a program like that. I mean, Skyrim has lots of voices and it's smaller

Yeah, I do, but my PC is weak all around. 1280x1024, 2.4GHz Core2Duo, 2GB DDR2 RAM, P5GC-MX/GBL. My GPU is the least of my concerns lol.

I'm saving to get myself a better machine. My GPU can handle 1280x1024 pretty well

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-19-13 08:19 AM
    Could be, but sucking 13GB data in one month is ridiculous for a program like that. I mean, Skyrim has lots of voices and it's smaller

Yeah, I do, but my PC is weak all around. 1280x1024, 2.4GHz Core2Duo, 2GB DDR2 RAM, P5GC-MX/GBL. My GPU is the least of my concerns lol.

I'm saving to get myself a better machine. My GPU can handle 1280x1024 pretty well

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    Isn't skyrim installed? Or online based? I'm talking about Internet traffic... how much data being uploaded and downloaded from my PC, that's my worry!

And maybe build a cheap computer.. Parts aren't very expensive and if you ever need help you can PM me saves a lot of money building a PC yourself!
    12-19-13 02:57 PM
    I mean, nVIDIA sucks 19GB worth of data in one month, which is very odd. Even large game like Skyrim is only 8GB big installed. The comparison was meant to show how ridiculously big the data consumption is, to the point of beating an AAA game expected to consume large amount of space.

That PC was built by a friend of my cousin, and he expected me to play games like Warcraft III while I expected to play games like Call of Duty 4. There was a problem in communication. The original specifications had GeForce 7200GS sitting instead of 9800GT, imagine the horrifying graphics I had to live with lol. So I bought a 9800GT.

I'm saving to buy motherboard, CPU, and RAM. All of those parts are at the very extent of their technological life, I really should relieve them lol.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-19-13 08:13 PM
    I mean, nVIDIA sucks 19GB worth of data in one month, which is very odd. Even large game like Skyrim is only 8GB big installed. The comparison was meant to show how ridiculously big the data consumption is, to the point of beating an AAA game expected to consume large amount of space.

That PC was built by a friend of my cousin, and he expected me to play games like Warcraft III while I expected to play games like Call of Duty 4. There was a problem in communication. The original specifications had GeForce 7200GS sitting instead of 9800GT, imagine the horrifying graphics I had to live with lol. So I bought a 9800GT.

I'm saving to buy motherboard, CPU, and RAM. All of those parts are at the very extent of their technological life, I really should relieve them lol.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    But Skyrim doesn't make Internet traffic it's offline because it's solely contained on your hard drive, a network analysis wouldn't pick it up unless it pinged something lool.

If your gonna go for the 700 series I suggest you wait now lool... 800 series dropping in February.. I hear the new architecture in the Maxwell chips is supposed to be ground breaking and astonishing :| might as well wait until then lool

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 01:28 AM
    Yes, well, I was saying that that nVIDIA app consumes twice as much bandwidth you'd waste(?) If you download Skyrim instead.

I don't think I'll go with series 7, maybe I'll go with series 6, tho I admit that the lower power consumption of series 7 means less strain on my PSU. The price range is a bit beyond my wage lol, not to mention I still need to pick the right CPU and motherboard.

Oh, and I have to buy a new case too. Mine is very, VERY cramped right now, to the point that installing 9800GT requires me to put the hard drive at the very bottom point and shorten the cable.

I don't think I'll be able to buy anything in the next few months lol. Maybe I need to save for another black Friday?

I do intend to get a machine that can play watchdogs, but I think it'd be better if I just keep my parts down to earth. Or rather, down to my wage lol

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-20-13 05:55 AM
    Yes, well, I was saying that that nVIDIA app consumes twice as much bandwidth you'd waste(?) If you download Skyrim instead.

I don't think I'll go with series 7, maybe I'll go with series 6, tho I admit that the lower power consumption of series 7 means less strain on my PSU. The price range is a bit beyond my wage lol, not to mention I still need to pick the right CPU and motherboard.

Oh, and I have to buy a new case too. Mine is very, VERY cramped right now, to the point that installing 9800GT requires me to put the hard drive at the very bottom point and shorten the cable.

I don't think I'll be able to buy anything in the next few months lol. Maybe I need to save for another black Friday?

I do intend to get a machine that can play watchdogs, but I think it'd be better if I just keep my parts down to earth. Or rather, down to my wage lol

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    Cases are easy to find! And CPU.. I think you would be happy with a i5-2500.. And a secondhand 660 or 670 would do you good! Motherboard could be the Intel made ones. If your on a really tight budget hit the AMD processor and motherboard bundles! ... I've never liked them for some reason though :| my own opinion. Should be able to play watchdogs with a 670 on a nice playable frame rate with the settings marginally up But I suggest you wait.. let the 8 series drop.. Everything else will drop in price! Check stores on black Friday? Ebuyer, overclockers, Newegg plus All them other sites!

P.S remember buying a new motherboard your old ram will 2000% be incompatible! Remember to buy ram and make sure your power supply can handle the load of the graphics card.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 09:24 PM
    Yeah, DDR2 is practically impossible to find at this point in time, a 4GB DDR3 is actually half the price of a 2GB DDR2, talk about backwards, but there you go.

I plan to get an Intel CPU, I read on tech site that Intel CPU has better performance per core. AMD has more cores and is the better choice for heavy computations, but games generally don't utilize more than 2 cores at this point, so a quad core Intel would do me better than a hexa core AMD.

I think something around i5 like you suggest is good, but I need to think about the CPU socket, lest I buy a motherboard at the end of its technological life lol like this one I have right now.

I hear that the latest AMD GPU is better than GTX Titan for lower price. Forgot the name though. Still, I'm not going to hit 1080p for a long time. Maybe even series 4 will do me well (!!!). I plan on getting a wide screen, but it will be 1366x768, I don't have the space for a big monitor lol.

I think I'll get something like GTX 560, IIRC my friend bought it for around $150~220, but I have forgotten.

Need to switch to 64-bit as early as possible. I can't even play CoD Ghost, good thing I read the minimum system requirements before buying!

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-20-13 11:24 PM