I am looking to book a vacation on Friday to go to Dreams resort and spa in Cancun..... I found a room I wanted to book and decided to check the main website for the resort for more pictures... The room I want is available through Orbitz but says sold out on the Dreams main web page.... Anyone experience this before? and what are your thoughts?
    06-22-09 11:15 AM
    ...Anyone experience this before? and what are your thoughts?...

Orbitz is a company set up and run by various travel oriented companies (airlines, rental car companies etc.)...it is conceivable they have access to rooms that are not available otherwise. I have done extensive travel and never found Orbitz to be the low-cost option...but they will have "arrangements" with destinations as you have described.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-22-09 at 11:58 AM.
    06-22-09 11:56 AM
    What happens is hotels hold rooms for those sites especially in big tourist places, I worked at harrahs in las vegas and the hotel always said sold out but u could always get rooms on orbitxz or priceline or other sites like that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 04:50 PM
    I used orbitz one time. No problems at all. The hotel wasn't nearly as nice as it looked in the pic, but that's hotel marketing, not Orbitz, I'm sure.
    06-22-09 05:27 PM
    I called orbitz, they said basically they buy and resell, so yeah doesnt make a difference.... Found the same room on Travelocity for $500 less... score!
    06-22-09 08:19 PM
    Agreed on never seeing the best prics on Orbitz.. I tend to use travelocity.
    06-23-09 08:18 AM
    The main difference is Orbitz is just trying to "funnel" people to their preferred members whereas Travelocity and others similar to it are trying to create a profit in a competitive market so they have to provide more or offer a lower price to keep customers coming back...capitalism; don't leave home without it.
    06-23-09 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD