I for one think he made a grave mistake by coming out of retirement in the first place. Green Bay has got tired of what he was doing and pretty much gave him the axe through a trade. Brett gets on TV talking about how he likes his new team and all of that when in actuality, I think he's very unhappy and realizes that he's made a huge mistake. What do all of you NFL fans have to say about this??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 05:45 AM
    I agree...he brought this on himself. I'm a Pack fan and thought he might join the coaching staff.

With all the years at GB, there's no way he can be completely happy...he wanted back with them, but ended up getting punted. I don't think he'll last much more than a season (two at the most) with NY.

It's too bad...

08-16-08 08:13 AM
    I think he's too old to comprehend all that's happening.

That was mean...

Go Bears!

08-16-08 08:12 PM
    I think he's earned the right to do whatever he wants, I hope he signed a year with NY so he can go to Minnesota next year if he chooses.
    He supported the Pack through a bunch of bad decisions, they owed him a lifetime front office/player coach spot.
    My .02

08-16-08 11:06 PM
    I think he's earned the right to do whatever he wants, I hope he signed a year with NY so he can go to Minnesota next year if he chooses.
    He supported the Pack through a bunch of bad decisions, they owed him a lifetime front office/player coach spot.
    My .02

You're correct!! Yes he did earn that right but I honestly believe that he didn't want to leave Green Bay. Sometimes you just have to leave well enough alone.
    08-17-08 04:28 AM
    I think he's too old to comprehend all that's happening.

That was mean...

Go Bears!
    Lookit grasshopper-ette, no picking on the oldsters
    08-17-08 05:57 AM
    Lookit grasshopper-ette, no picking on the oldsters
    ugh, grasshopper-ette? lol

i respect favre for he was around during the great depression... i respect my elders.
    08-17-08 06:01 AM
    Was Namath happy with the Rams?

Probably not. He was benched mid-season.

Joe Namath - Los Angeles Rams - Icons at the End of the Road - Photos - SI.com
    08-17-08 09:51 AM
    Brett was an awesome quarterback, but I really think he should have stayed retired..I am really afraid he will get hurt and not be able to enjoy the rest of his life with his family...None of us like to admit we are getting older, but quarterbacks take alot of hits and his body is not as young and durable as it used to be..Look at Aikmen and Young, look how many hits they took, if they did not retire when they did they could've ended up paralyzed..I admire the will Brett has, but sometimes we have to move on to newer and better things..I pray he does not get hurt this season, Brett has been thru enough hard times...
    08-17-08 02:06 PM
    You know what, that could possibly happen to Brett also.

08-17-08 02:07 PM
    I am sure he really didn't want to retire with his last pass thrown being an interception.
    08-17-08 02:08 PM
    Brett was an awesome quarterback, but I really think he should have stayed retired..I am really afraid he will get hurt and not be able to enjoy the rest of his life with his family...None of us like to admit we are getting older, but quarterbacks take alot of hits and his body is not as young and durable as it used to be..Look at Aikmen and Young, look how many hits they took, if they did not retire when they did they could've ended up paralyzed..I admire the will Brett has, but sometimes we have to move on to newer and better things..I pray he does not get hurt this season, Brett has been thru enough hard times...
    Any truth to the rumor that he was offered 10 million just to stay retired??

08-17-08 02:09 PM
    I am sure he really didn't want to retire with his last pass thrown being an interception.
    Ahhhh, didn't realize that. But still, didn't he not do that about 3 times already?? Left and came back??

08-17-08 02:12 PM
    Brett Farve needs to stop retiring. If he wants to play the game....then play the game. With all this hoopla I would say that it was pretty disctracting to the Packers. If I were a Packer fan then I would want him gone because I think he's doing more bad for the team than good.
    08-17-08 02:13 PM
    Brett Farve needs to stop retiring. If he wants to play the game....then play the game. With all this hoopla I would say that it was pretty disctracting to the Packers. If I were a Packer fan then I would want him gone because I think he's doing more bad for the team than good.
    Exactly!!!

08-17-08 02:17 PM
    saying that im a jets fan...yeah he's happy, he better be.

08-17-08 05:00 PM
    I think were about to find out how much of a team's success is due to the quarterback. I mean the Packers were a game, actually a couple of plays from making it to the Super Bowl. How much of that was due to Brett? I'd be pretty excited if I was a Jets fan -- Go Broncos! We're playing the Jets this season, and I hope he has the flu that week, you know, nothing serious or anything .
    08-17-08 05:09 PM
    saying that im a jets fan...yeah he's happy, he better be.

yea thats what I was thinking!
    And Im a Jets Fan!!!
    08-17-08 08:19 PM
    this is true...
    08-18-08 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD