I am needing an answer from tech intellects about whether or not something is possible to do with electronic devices.
    Is it possible to remotely video record with a spy cam, then remotely play back the recording by means of projection onto a wall, picture, etc. In other words, could a spy device be used to record me sleeping, then play back the video of me asleep on my bedroom wall when I awake, all done from a remote location?
    I hope this makes sense, as it has me thinking I'm going nuts. Thanks for any info as to how this is done, and even if it is possible.
    04-29-09 02:50 PM
    Hopefully someone has some good advice for you. Your post sounds kind of scary if you are actually experiencing these issues. If so, I would think about calling the cops before the sun set on another day...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 03:10 PM
    As Kanga says, if this is something that is actually happening, then you need to get the police involved YESTERDAY. If this is just a .... "Is this possible?", type thing you have been wondering about, sure it could happen.

Someone would have to want to go through the trouble of setting up a spycam in your bedroom and also setup some sort of projection device, all of this in a fashion that you would not see it or discovery that anything had been moved. Which means hiding things in heating vents, light fixtures, etc. They would also have to be able to do this while you were not home and of course have access to your place.

But you'd be able to tell where the projection was coming from (follow the light). And it's doubtful that it would/could happen more than twice before you found the equipment.

Also from the angle of the cam images, you could pretty much tell which part of the bedroom the spycam was.

As for the remote location, that really would depend on the range of the remote transceiver. In most cases that would mean the remote controller would need to be pretty near the transceiver, meaning within a few hundred yards of your house/apartment. Unless they were spending some big bucks.

So unless this was something that was setup in your bedroom before you moved it, it's not very likely that anyone would bother with doing something like this, other than in a creepy movie. Now having said that, there have been case of peeping Tom video in real life (the recording part anyway), in bathrooms, and changing rooms all over the US, as well as a few bedrooms. But in the case of the bedrooms it was pretty much always someone with access to the bedroom or the room next to the bedroom. So that means a Roommate/Neighbor or Landlord/Maintenance worker, that was doing the video peeping.
    04-29-09 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD