I know the Og Djs would use vinyl records just like my old parents radio would. Aside from isolating tracks (vinyl) is there any advantage to using them? Because i don't see the quality of vinyl (musicwise) being superior to digital. Excluding of course the wear and tear and bulkyness with milk crates. Now on the opposite side digtal Djs, i know that they have all sorts from pc/mac programs or ipod/mp3 players that let you manipulate and mix the songs. So here's my second part of my question, if you want to mix a digital track can you dissect the tracks off the master? Or do you purchase the same song in different tracks? Also say you are playing your music from your ipod/mp3 player. Can you access the song twice? What do i mean ? Like vinyl you have two records and play them at the same time so you can synchronize them. How can you do that? Or do you need two mp3 players? Can anyone claryify this for me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 10:36 AM
    Huh, no djs around here....

09-10-10 08:10 PM
    Some DJs still like the sound of vinyl. It took me a long time to make the switch to digital but I like it way better now. Unless you're using a mixer that holds two ipods then yea you need two. The programs that run off your computer you don't need anything except your music collection. You don't need two copies of the mp3. You can cue up the same song to both mixing channels. This is what I use and it works amazingly. Go to YouTube and search for:
    "M-Audio Torq Xponent"

I also use a program called Audacity for editing tracks.

09-10-10 10:38 PM
    If you're looking for House music. Beatport.com has the best selection.

09-10-10 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD