Been with Gmail since 2005 but sick to death of Google and it's constant force feeding for its 'All of Google' strategy.

I don't want Google plus. I don't want my search to be catered. I just want you to offer me email and a bit of your 15gb drive.

Does BlackBerry have an alternative like iCloud? Although not an apple fan I like the iCloud setup. Just put off by a 5gb limit.

I'm not leaving Google yet, just want to see if there are any worthwhile free alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 04:27 PM
    Microsoft outloook works pretty well and they have skydrive.
    10-18-13 04:28 PM
    Been with Gmail since 2005 but sick to death of Google and it's constant force feeding for its 'All of Google' strategy.

I don't want Google plus. I don't want my search to be catered. I just want you to offer me email and a bit of your 15gb drive.

Does BlackBerry have an alternative like iCloud? Although not an apple fan I like the iCloud setup. Just put off by a 5gb limit.

I'm not leaving Google yet, just want to see if there are any worthwhile free alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I can't recommend any other email services outside of the three you mentioned, but I use Outlook (same service as Live/Hotmail), and really like it. It integrates very will with BB10, including contacts and calendar.

As for the bubbled (catered) search, try DuckDuckGo. I've been using that exclusively for 8 months and would never go back to Google or Bing. The results are excellent and they don't track you and modify your search results on what they think you like. Highly recommended.
    10-18-13 04:44 PM
    Gmx?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 05:05 PM
    Sorry, I can't recommend any other email services outside of the three you mentioned, but I use Outlook (same service as Live/Hotmail), and really like it. It integrates very will with BB10, including contacts and calendar.

As for the bubbled (catered) search, try DuckDuckGo. I've been using that exclusively for 8 months and would never go back to Google or Bing. The results are excellent and they don't track you and modify your search results on what they think you like. Highly recommended.
    I just wish SkyDrive had built-in File Manager support like Box and DropBox. I sideloaded the Android SkyDrive application though, and it works fine.

So far Outlook.com has worked excellently for me. Plus their web interface doesn't bombard you with "personalised" adverts like Gmail. There's one column of generic (mostly Microsoft related) adverts in the inbox, but nothing anywhere else.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 05:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Outlook.com is pretty good, has SkyDrive too. And there's a paid option if you want it.

Or you can find a paid email hosting service.
    10-19-13 08:46 PM