Laying here watching TV and there are tons of cell phone commercials flying by. As tempting as all these commercials make their phones look I think I've been brainwashed into thinking nothing can beat my BB. I'm ok with that. Might actually be true. The only commercials I'm interested in are new BB's! What I'm wondering though is, which BB originally got you? For me it was the 8330 on Sprint. Finally got tired of my Treo and hopped on board the BB bandwagon. Shortly after switched to T-Mobile and have owned every model since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 04:05 AM
    Luckily im open minded person and give everything a 2nd chance.

My first Bb was the Storm And damn did i make a mistake ending my iphone to Storm. But then i thought id try the Bold.

been with the bold since.
    02-19-10 04:18 AM
    Storm 1 got my attention and enjoyed it immensely. It didn't give me any trouble. Then I picked up a Bold 9000 off ebay brand new and cheap. Enjoyint it too so I swap between them regularly.

02-19-10 04:30 AM
    I did the "BlackBerry or not?" dance for about 2 years and never jumped ship, and it wasn't until my brother-in-law let me use his Pearl (after getting his Tour) that I fell in love. And all it took was 3 weeks with a 3 year-old BB to hook me. As soon as was reasonably possible I grabbed my own Tour, and here I am today. Having a blast on this side of the grass, but still kicking myself for not jumping aboard the BB boat all those times earlier when I thought about it.
    02-19-10 04:31 AM
    Nextel BB 7250

02-19-10 04:59 AM
    I too considered it for several years, skipped from very early HTC/winmo offerings to dumb phones and on to symbian, and I eventually decided to go Bold, it was when my N95-2 contract ran out and I decided to go SIM-only and purchase a handset outright, I finally made the leap to a BlackBerry, I haven't looked back and even in the few months I've had my Bold it's just got better and better (apps, OS5, me learning shortcuts etc)

I hope another heavyweight device comes along soon, I would love a 9700 but my thumbs just say no, so until my next perfect BB comes I'm sticking with the 9000.

I guess it's a sign of the BB's addictive qualities that I know there are better handsets out there, and better OS'/GUI's too, but I'm only looking forwards to my next BB.

02-19-10 05:00 AM
    8830WE

That phone is sitting 3 feet away from me as I type. Its the size. Perfect for me. Man!, I'd pay some good coin for a 9700 inside an 8830WE with a scaled up (or better) display!

Alas, old OS, low memory, lack of a camera, wifi, slow BT, etc, finally got the better of me, but no other phone has felt so "just right" to me.

Sooner or later the trend towards smaller, thinner, etc will reverse and the phones will get larger again, probably due to them getting TOO small at some point.

The manufacturers can also increase the form factor by telling consumers they need more room to pack in better hardware, toaster ovens, and liquid cooling
    02-19-10 05:36 AM
    Dreamed of BB through years of suffering with other phones and carrying a PDA all the time. Desperation drove me to buy the no contract 9000. I am sold forever. The entire BB experience is one I would not enjoy living without.

02-19-10 05:42 AM
    I started with the Storm 1 and I really loved it. Upgraded to Storm 2 and love it more. Storm 1 will always hold a special place for me as my first B.B. though.

I'm also maintenance man for my girlfriend's tour (soon to be essex.) I like that as well, but I like touchscreen better.
    02-19-10 05:53 AM
    Had Nokias, Palms, Moto, Samsung and A LOT of Berries in the last five years. One thing though, I always come back to BlackBerry.
    02-19-10 06:33 AM
    well the first bb i had was a 7290,then jumped onto a 9000,to a storm now abold 9700..had iphones,nokias,htc,and all other nonsense,had even tried japanese sharp phones and NEC,**** the younger days of jap phones being plugged in with hypersim irkes me well..now,im back with a bold 9700 and the missus with my ex 9000..looking at the nexus one..buy hey,still have my storm and bold 9000..so research in me.
    02-19-10 06:43 AM
    Mine was the BB Curve 8310. I had just shifted from using an Imate Jasjar and i was desperate for a smartphone with a more stable OS that was reliable, secure and smart. I never made use of the BBM back then but now on my BB Bold its the first thing i go through before doing anything on my phone. Ofcourse, now that alot of the the other OSs are getting better i find that some of the reasons why ive decided to stick with my BB is because of the BBM, great community support forums, large variety of accessories, tweaks due to the engineering screen and the BIS Plan.
    Last edited by bushako; 02-19-10 at 07:06 AM.
    02-19-10 07:03 AM
    always been a windows mobile guy, until my last phone (diamond).
    it wasn't reliable at all, the main reason i finally dumped it and got my tour!
    I must say I'm really impressed with my first BB.
    02-19-10 08:03 AM
    I was a Sidekicker from early 2007 to late 2009. This was my first foray into the smartphone realm, even though many will argue it's not a true smartphone. I was coming from a freebie flip phone from T-Mo, so to me, the Sidekick 3 was like a dream. Multitasking, email, the fact that I could have all 3 IM clients open @ once, the internet @ my fingertips, & the awesome organizer made it the perfect device for me @ the time. I upgraded twice (to the LX & LX099) during my tenure w/ the Sidekicks.

Around this past September I started getting annoyed w/ how late my emails were coming in. If I couldn't get to a computer, I relied heavily on my phone to push my mail to me (as we all do!!). I would get my emails 2 HOURS late sometimes & would miss out on important messages & conversations. The Great Sidekick Outage in October was the last straw. I started looking for another platform. At the time, I was seeing a LOT about the 9700 on gadget blogs. The more I researched on it, the more I was convinced this was going to be my next phone. I got it on November 16th, the day it came out for T-Mobile.

I admit, I hated it @ first. I was used to the large, extremely clear screen on the Sidekick (yes, if you can imagine that, the 9700 screen was a downgrade!!) & also the Sidekick's spaceous keyboard. I also didn't understand why I had to download all these apps that came stock on the Sidekick OS (gps, search directory, Facebook, Twitter, etc). But, once a couple weeks had passed & I got used to everything & I had customized it to my liking, I knew I had made the right choice. Three months later I'm still loving the 9700!
    02-19-10 10:26 AM
    8330. i never knew what a phone was capable of until i picked that thing up, now i don't know how i ever lived with a razr.
    02-19-10 10:29 AM
    The name blackberry got me in. Started with the 8220 - what a mistake lol. I got an 8900 after 2 days of owning the 8220 and wow, THAT was a blackberry. Ever since I just keep looking at the next greatest blackberry haha.
    02-19-10 11:22 AM
    My dad had an 8130 Pearl he was using before he upgraded to the 8330 Curve, I got the Pearl as a hand me down. It was my first BB and my first smartphone, got it in June of last year.

Had it for about 7 months before I got the upgrade fever and snagged a new Tour1. Love the BB's, just about everything I need in a phone and more.

Still miss my Pearl on occasion too, it was the perfect beginner's smart phone for me.
    02-19-10 11:28 AM
    9700 is my first and will be my BB for a LONG time! I love this thing! Will prolly keep it until I get the Dakota when that comes out cause imma sucker for new phones! =-P

02-19-10 11:30 AM
    I started off with a Pearl 8130, but did not fully understand the powers of the Berry until I got my Tour.
    02-19-10 11:30 AM
    I've been witt pretty much every phone one can thinkk of; so I say. But, for some reason a BB never crossedd my mind til thee storm came out. Wanted it a lot; however watt set mi bakk was that it was touch screen. Am not so good with those so I refrained from getting it nd waitied til somethin that wasn't a touch screen or didn't hav a trackball alas; thee 8530 I got when I had thee chance; been in love ever since

02-19-10 11:33 AM
    My first berry was a nextel, but the one that made me stay was a pearl from sprint then a curve. Now the Storm and Storm 2, I'm hook...
    02-19-10 11:38 AM
    Oh, I have to reach waaaaay back...
    I had a couple of really ugly berries, work issued. One was blue, I think, with an ugly green screen, I think, and yellow letters. I *think* that was the combination. Then I had another slightly less ugly, black, I think, and it had a color display. Ugly icons!
    I then got an 8703 when work upgraded. That was what did me in. Shortly afterwards I got my first personal Bberry, a little burgundy 8310. LOVED that little thing!!! Then I got my Mum her own platinum 8310. I currently have a 9000 in the kitchen drawer and the 9700, which is now my one true love.
    My most recent berries at work have been the 8820 and later an 8830WE, which is the one I currently have. I think I may be losing it to a Curve, which I'm not happy about because I don't like the way that one feels.
    02-19-10 12:20 PM
    The first ? that got me was the 8330. My sister had it and I was looking for a new phone on ebay. I was actually going to buy two enV 2's. One for myself and one for my girlfriend. I bought her an enV 2 for cheap and started looking for a blackberry instead. All I did was look at my sisters blackberry and I gave in. The 8330 was going to be mine. I bought it for 117$ on ebay, a year ago, in february. I haven't regretted it at all. Right now I have the tour on Verizon and my girlfriend is getting her upgrade to the 8530. So yes the 8330 did it for me!

02-19-10 12:36 PM
    My BB history:
    Pearl > 8830 > 9530 > 9550

I'd say it was the 8830 that got me hooked but I didn't do a lot of customization (adding apps and themes) until my 9530. It was then I truly became an addict.
    02-19-10 12:44 PM
    ma first BB is 9530,,,still have it,,,and love it
    02-19-10 01:05 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD