Probably no one under 40 would know the name, the dude or his influence...but he was the Original punk rock icon imho. The Seeds studio lp's were more lyrical and melodic but the live shows were the precursor to what we now call Punk. In his 60's and still kicking but (sic) he was singing in Austin, TX in a band called Fear Has Fangs or something like that and preparing to tour again. I know his Celebrity was dwarfed by David Carradine, Ed MacMahon, Farrah, MJ and even Biily Mays but in his time, and to many who grew up in that time, he broke boundaries, cracked barriers and whiplashed the establishment in ways that were thought impossible. Pat Boone was THE icon for young kids before Sky (and others)...what a friggin joke!
    This post will die off with 10-12 views and maybe 1-2 "I remember 'Pushin too Hard' man, what a great tune!" replies...but oh well...dude meant a lot to me and I gotta say something about it. He died peacefully after a sudden but short illness.
    This was one HORRIBLE week to have any fame at all!
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-29-09 at 12:21 AM.
    06-28-09 11:57 PM
    *Googles "Sky Saxon"*
    06-29-09 12:34 AM
    I read up on The Seeds a little and they sound pretty interesting. I'm gonna DL "Pushin' Too Hard" tomorrow and give it a listen.
    06-29-09 12:45 AM
    I read up on The Seeds a little and they sound pretty interesting. I'm gonna DL "Pushin' Too Hard" tomorrow and give it a listen.
    If you make it through more than a minute I'll consider their effort a success.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-29-09 at 10:36 AM.
    06-29-09 01:33 AM
    Wow! Very different for the era. I also think The Seeds as a band are too talented to be considered a "garage band". I'm gonna check out some more of their stuff.

Here's the original 45 version of "Pushin' Too Hard" if anyone wants to check it out.

06-29-09 03:29 PM
    I rather enjoyed that song. (:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD