Hey everyone...

I know ive been telling you to add dropbox bc it is great and some of you are saying that box.net has more storage (which i agree). I also promised people 500MB of space if they added my link but apparently it isnt working.

So for those people, and others i have found something to keep my promise... and to do MUCH MORE.

The new beta version of Dropbox is out and if you install it and 'automatically sync' pictures or video you will be given FREE space. 500MB free space for every 500MB of pics/video uploaded (from my understanding you can then delete the pics/video and KEEP the space, but dont quote me on that)

MORE THAN DOUBLE THE SPACE FOR FREE!

ALSO CONSIDER:
    If you dont have Dropbox please help me out and sign up using my link... it will give me some much needed space to save documents (and pics/videos) that i intend to use in my teaching career and YOU will GET and EXTRA 250mb FREE (it should be 500mb but that is apparently not working for some reason). You need to install the program on your computer to get the extra space.

Dropbox Beta Link for a possible extra 4.5GB:
    (2/1) - Experimental Forum Build - 1.3.12 � Dropbox Forums
    Last edited by FSeverino; 02-02-12 at 03:36 PM.
    Blkbear likes this.
    02-02-12 03:09 PM
    You make it sound like if they sign up using that link, they'll receive 4.5GB for free. That's not true, since they have to let Dropbox import photos and videos from the Camera Import feature.

Just saying...

By the way, I don't have ANYTHING against you or your action to actually increase your space, but when I did this a year ago, I got banned from this site. I was writing my thesis and since the professor was 3 hours away from me, I had to use Dropbox to share the AUTOCAD files with him.
    Can a moderator please explain what's going on and why he doesn't get banned and I did get banned?
    02-02-12 03:17 PM
    You make it sound like if they sign up using that link, they'll receive 4.5GB for free. That's not true, since they have to let Dropbox import photos and videos from the Camera Import feature.

Just saying...

By the way, I don't have ANYTHING against you or your action to actually increase your space, but when I did this a year ago, I got banned from this site. I was writing my thesis and since the professor was 3 hours away from me, I had to use Dropbox to share the AUTOCAD files with him.
    Can a moderator please explain what's going on and why he doesn't get banned and I did get banned?
    No. I actually said FOR EVERY 500MB of pics/video you get 500mb...
    so if the people read the whole post they will know exactly what it says and how to get it.

Im not sure about why you got banned... if i get asked to take it down i will, but i dont see the problem with it. Im not forcing anyone and ive done this on other forums. If its the rules then i have no problem following the rules, i will look into it.

Im just trying to help people get the most free storage they can, hence the reason i posted this link to get 250% more FREE STORAGE on dropbox.
    02-02-12 03:34 PM
    not sure why this was moved, but it DOES work.

I got 5GB. It is 500MB for the first picture you upload and then 500MB for every 500MB you upload. If you need the extra space this is pretty damn good.
    02-03-12 04:25 PM
    Awesome man, thanks a lot after I up some photos/videos I could have almost 25gb free
    02-03-12 06:12 PM
    And my public service announcement......

Please be careful what you place in the cloud. Make sure you are not putting any work related info into these folders that has sensitive info. I know most of you know this already but cloud sites make it that much harder for a company to comply with the various privacy legislation. Placing even one file into the cloud that has sensitive information could impact your entire organization.
    02-07-12 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD