Well, I broke and had one for lunch. But the good thing is, it reminded me of why I don't want to smoke any more.

I'm back on the wagon now.
    06-02-09 01:28 PM
    Well, I broke and had one for lunch. But the good thing is, it reminded me of why I don't want to smoke any more.

I'm back on the wagon now.
    The number one biggest hurdle is going ENTIRE days without breaking down.

So many of the times that I tried to quit and failed because I thought I was doing good by only smoking 1 or 2 cigarettes a day, but in the end I wasn't.

Every time I felt that urge to light up, I told myself, "wait 20 minutes, and if after 20 minutes I can't wait any longer, than OK, go ahead and light up". In other words, 20 minutes isn't that long...so it isn't hard to convince yourself to wait that long. Usually, after 20 minutes my mind would be elsewhere, preoccupied with something other than smoking...if it wasn't I'd just try to repeat the process.
    06-02-09 02:15 PM
    I quit smoking months ago via the cold turkey route. The website whyquit.com has helped and gives information about smoking, cessation and message boards to interact and look to other members for support, etc.

I also discovered that gum really didn't keep my cravings away. What I found that worked the best for my cravings and oral fixation were SUNFLOWER SEEDS.
    06-02-09 06:12 PM
    Don't give up man! My granny smoked for 30 years and it took her life in August 07.

Smoking kills!
    06-02-09 06:15 PM
    The number one biggest hurdle is going ENTIRE days without breaking down.

So many of the times that I tried to quit and failed because I thought I was doing good by only smoking 1 or 2 cigarettes a day, but in the end I wasn't.
    You're right. That's why I feel bad now like I cheated! I feel like I have to start my official "stopped smoking day" over.

Its almost bed time so I should be good for the rest of the night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 07:59 PM
    Don't give up man! My granny smoked for 30 years and it took her life in August 07.

Smoking kills!
    Sorry for your loss. My father has cancer from years of smoking and I don't want to follow in his foot steps in terms of health.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 08:02 PM
    The little cutie in your avatar should be reason enough to quit. Best wishes
    06-02-09 08:09 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD